Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Lewis the Truest, Part IX

We all did a lot of napping on vacation. Lewis woke up from his one day while I was still sort of asleep, and as Lewis and Kevin were talking, this is what I heard:

Lew: I want to go to the pool.
Kevin: Ok. Let's wait for Mama to wake up.
Lew: Ok. MAMA, I'M WAITING FOR YOU TO WAKE UP, MOMMY! (Like, right by my face.)

Thanks, buddy. I couldn't help but laugh (and get up!).

----------
Of course we stopped at a lot of travel plazas and rest stops along the way to vacation. At one, Lewis was walking around the aisles (looking for toys) and said:

Lewis: Look at all these cars! HOLY MOLY!

:)

----------
On the way down, we stayed overnight in a hotel. Kevin buckled Lewis in his seat while I finished loading up the car to head on to the beach, and apparently I wasn't moving fast enough for Lewis:

Lew: Wait, Mama! We're leaving you!

Gee, I don't know where he gets his impatience. :) And I have only told him I'm leaving him a few times.

----------
In the pool, the nice brother-sister that Lew met asked him his favorite food:

Lewis: Quesadilla at Moe's.

Very specific! :) He does really like to go there. It probably has something to do with the cookie that comes with his kids' meal. And the tortilla chips.

----------
On the drive home (June 21), we were talking about the summer solstice and Uncle Joe and Auntie Schwee's wedding anniversary. Kevin mentioned that my birthday was in six months (December 21). And we told him that Dad's birthday was in a few weeks (July 6):

Kevin: What should we get Mama for her birthday?
Lewis: (instantly) A TRACTOR.
Mama: What should we get Dad for his birthday?
Lewis: (instantly) A BIG FIRE TRUCK.

(break for giggling)

Lewis: Are we having a party? At our house?
Kevin/Mama: Maybe we'll have a little party, with just us. How about some cake?

The next morning, after we were home, Kevin and Lewis were playing in the basement. Without any mention or prompting, Lewis brought one of his fire trucks over to Kevin and said:

Lew: Here's your fire truck, Daddy.

And he is officially the sweetest boy in the world. :)


2 comments: