Wednesday, July 30, 2014

To Conner Prairie with the Fam

Sunday we went over to Conner Prairie, which I hadn't visited in years (since I was a kid, I guess). It was even better than I remembered, and we all had a great visit (again, the rain held out until we were driving away). Emily has been reading the Little House on the Prairie series to Juniper at night, so they're verrrry into all things prairie right now, especially. We knew it would be a good day after the first building we visited--baby and mama animals!! Walking around freely for us to pet:
 I thought the baby goats were absolutely the cutest, but they weren't out for petting during our visit.
 I wonder what Otis is thinking as he looks at his new friend.

We started at the new Civil War exhibit, and on our walk back, came across some blackberries:
 Don't mind if I do. :)
 In the blacksmith's shop 
 We had the stroller, but sometimes you just need a lift from Dad. :)
 Stilts!
I remember walking on these and dipping candles (which you now have to pay extra to do) when I was a kid.
 Otis, taking the ride of his life, thanks to a jumping Lewis and Juni
 These baby pigs might take the lead for cutest baby animals :)
 Checking out the bed situation in the inn

They have a nice indoor toddler play area that I didn't remember (I think it's new):
 Train Table = Magnet for Lewis
His souvenir from Gramma was a bell he can add to his current train tracks--it rings as the trains pass by it, which is cool and something I'd never seen before.
 Juni, at peace with her chickens (they have 3 hens at home)
 Otie Man, checking out the vegetable garden

Juniper's souvenir was a bonnet, and later that evening or the next morning, I found Lewis wearing it. I took a picture while he was watching TV:
:)

We had such a great time there! I can't wait to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment