I went to meet the new doctor yesterday, and he said that the baby is no longer sideways (transverse)! That could be a great thing (if he/she is head down) or a not-so-great thing (if he/she is breech). It's unnerving not to know WHICH end is up/down, but at least he/she is on the move!
We go back on Monday for another ultrasound to check the position, the amount of amniotic fluid, and the baby's size. If it's head down, I can relax and will be returned to my primary doctor for the duration. If it's breech, the new doctor will give his opinion of how successful the version would be, based on size and amount of fluid. From what I've read online, transverse babies are a lot easier/more successful to flip since they're already halfway around the turn (vs. breech babies that have to go 180 degrees). The c-section is still an option, too, but I'd like to avoid that as much as possible.
I've done my exercises this week at home when the baby is active, and I definitely felt the baby making big movements a few times. Mostly, I lay on my back with my legs up on the couch for 15-20 minutes...Lewis likes to sit on my feet while I'm doing that and Hattie is usually nearby, wanting to be petted. Because, why else would I be laying on the the ground, but to give her lovins?? :) I will stop the exercises now until after our appointment on Monday because I don't want to move it if it's in the proper position.
I'll update again on Monday! Maybe we'll actually get to see the baby's face this time!
No comments:
Post a Comment