Yes, baby had his/her face turned away from the camera again and would not budge for a glimpse at the profile, BUT...
Baby is head down!!!
So exciting! The ultrasound tech said that he/she is laying on its side (but vertical), with its head turned to the side (towards my back). She also pointed out (again) how much hair the baby has. It is REALLY active and has plenty of fluid in which to move, so there is a chance it could turn again. The doctor said that contractions (I had some on Saturday) will only help move the baby downward and make it less likely it will flip.
He/She was playing with its feet during the ultrasound, grabbing onto its toes. It also stretched an arm out really long and sort of waved to us. Too cute. We got to see the chest rising/falling, too, which the tech said is good to see--practicing its breathing. The only pictures we got were of the hair (which is just a white blur) and a foot (which doesn't look very clear at all), so I'm not going to scan them in.
I am also 1cm dilated, which is something totally new to me! I was never dilated at all with Lewis until the induction at 41 weeks, so I fully expected to get the same report this time around. I am curious/uncertain now to see how things progress!
Back next Monday!
Oh, and...
We have come to a consensus on some names that we both actually like and could live with--we are down to THREE boy possibilities and FOUR girl possibilities. That is progress for us. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment