First Day of School (2014-15)
Jungle Juniors
He had a great first day (yesterday). He'd gone to camp off/on through the summer, so it didn't feel that much different, but I noticed a big difference when I picked him up. He suddenly seems so much older--last year, I'd ask him how his day was, what he did, etc. and would barely get a peep. Yesterday, he went on and on about it! He seems really excited about his new class. I've heard good things about his teachers, so I'm looking forward to it, too.
His rundown of the first day included:
- I did NOT do Art.
[I'm not sure if they ran out of time or if it's a today or tomorrow activity or what, but he made it a point to tell me they did NOT do it.] - I'm in the ANIMALS class.
[Last year he was a Turtle Two--this year, a Jungle Junior.] - I played on the playground.
- Tomorrow we are going to the LIBRARY!
[They have a library at the school--I asked what type of book he would be looking for, and he said a book on TRACTORS.] - Arthur is in my class.
[Arthur is his potty buddy from last year.] - There was a Lightning in my class, and I played with it for THREE minutes.
[Lightning McQueen, which probably means he didn't let go of it the entire morning.] :) - We had circle time and sang songs about the boys in our class and about the weather.
[Then later, at nap, he was singing in his room, to the tune of Farmer in the Dell, 'Is Lewis here today? Is Lewis here today? Hi-ho-the-merry-o. Lewis is here today.' Followed by, in the same tune, 'The sun is out today, the clouds are out today, hi-ho-the-merry-o, the sun is out today.' So apparently his teachers are a bit more sing-song-y than they were last year, which is good since Lewis loves to sing!
Can't wait to hear what he has to say today! He was really excited to go back this morning--he was wondering if they would have Art and what they would do in Art. They have divided the 3s into younger and older 3s, and he is the older class on W-Th-F. There are a few familiar faces from last year's class, but just a few. Should be a great school year!
No comments:
Post a Comment