Monday, September 1, 2014

Lewis the Truest, Vol. XIV

Last week, I made some zucchini bread (thanks for the zucchini, Sharon!). Lewis couldn't quite say zucchini:

Lewis: Mmmm, this is yummy Bikini Bread, Mama!

He continued to call it that all week. :)

----------

He's checked the weather a few times over the past week, which involves him going to the back door, stepping outside, and then coming in with a weather report. The temperature is, surprisingly, always the same:

Lewis: It's 60 degrees. That means we can ________ (example: go outside and play on the playground, go to the zoo, etc.).

If he mentions the playground, he then goes on to explain the rules of the playground at school:

Lewis: You climb up the ladder and go down the slide. Make sure you are on your bottom and feet first. You don't climb up the slide.

Which is particularly hysterical to me because I have watched him climb up the slide at school many-a-times while I've waited to pick him up. 

----------

Speaking of school, he had his orientation one night this week. As we pulled up, this was our conversation:

Lewis: You dropping me off, Mama? (like usual)
Me: No, buddy. This is your orientation night! Dad is coming, too, and we are going to meet your new teachers!
Lewis: Ok.

Not 10-15 minutes later, in the gym, he was running around with other kids and came up to me to say:

Lewis: Drop me off, Mama!

Like, you can leave now! I'm good! Be gone with you! :)

----------

He's been doing a lot of this type of stuff lately:

Lewis: Can I have some Goldfish?
Me: No, it's time for lunch. Let's eat lunch.
Lewis: But I NOT huuungryyy! I not hungry. I want Goldfish. Waaaaah! (sometimes followed by throwing himself to the ground)

I calmly try to point out that wanting Goldfish = some sort of hunger, but it's usually a waste of my time. He's also pulled:

Kevin: It's time for bath.
Lewis: I NOT want to take a bath. (and in the same breath) I want to take a bath.

----------

Yesterday we went up to Don and Brenda's house for their Labor Day party. Kevin had told Lewis where we were going, so at breakfast, I asked Lew about it:

Me: Lewis, do you know where we are going today?
Lewis: To Bronda's house!

Then the whole drive up, he kept asking:

Lew: Where is Den and Bronda's house?

I kept saying Don and Brenda, but it did not stick with him. Den and Bronda, it is. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment