Sunday, September 21, 2014

Lewis the Truest, Vol. XV

On our drive to Cincinnati, I gave Lewis a compact mirror to play with in the car. It kept him pretty entertained for a while. At one point, I looked back to see him reaching behind the mirror, twinkling his fingers behind it.

Lewis: I can't touch that Lewis! There are TWO LEWISES!

Guess we have some things to learn about mirrors and how they work. :) It was very cute.

----------
As I very steadily cleaned out our basement storage room the other day, Lewis played out in the playroom. He made some 'cookies' for us out of Play-Doh (which were, at some point that afternoon, also ice cream and birthday cake). He found some plastic storage containers and put in 'one for me' and 'one for you.' Mine was yellow, blue, black, and brown (that Play-Doh is now in the trash...) and his was orange and blue. He kept talking about the fact that his was part blue, one of his favorite colors these days (along with yellow).

As I sat and watched him open up the storage containers for us, yet again, to eat cookies, yet again, I said:

Mama: I love you, Lewis.
Lew: I love blue, too!

I think he meant to say, 'I love you, too,' but he had blue on the brain. :) Or I guess it IS possible that he meant to express how much he loves blue.

----------
We have been working some on identifying letters, and there is one book that is a favorite of Lewis'. We've read it so many times, he can now read it to us! Not that he can read, of course, but he is a skilled memorizer. :)

Mama or Dada: A
Lewis: An AIRPLANE flies up in the sky.
M/D: B
Lewis: A BALL that bounces way up high.
M/D: C
Lewis: CARS that race down the road. GOOD JOB, LEWIS!

He reads to himself. He congratulates himself. Pretty soon, Kevin and I will be useless! :)

----------
Kevin takes the early shift, whenever Lewis wakes up. Sometimes that means I get to sleep a little longer, and sometimes it means I jump in the shower, just depending on how early Lewis wakes up. I was feeling bad about Kevin having to get up earlier than me, but not after I heard how this goes down:

Kevin: (turns on a show on TV)
Lewis: Close your eyes, Dada!

Apparently, Lewis is conditioned to watch a show while Dad lays on the couch and catches a few more ZZZs. :)

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks. :) I'm telling you, he's full of it! He will talk your ear off in a few weeks. :)

      Delete