Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Fall and a Lake House

Note: First of all, I changed my settings so that I have to approve comments before they are posted. I've gotten a few spam comments the last few days.

Carrying on, Saturday morning we headed up to Unionville (Bloomington) to spend the weekend with Ben and Adie! We had a great time-watched some football, cooked, grilled, drank, caught up on the latest, played board games, etc.

Their house is set right next to woods with neighbors blocked by trees and wild animals creeping in the night. We ate dinner out on their deck, and we think a deer was lurking in the trees. Sleep was amazing, too--I could not believe how quiet their house was! No traffic noises outside--I could get used to that! I couldn't even hear Lewis in the room next to ours, so I had to bring the monitor in (which he made it all night away from home again--wahoo!).

Ben and Adie have two cats, Rogue (gray female) and Gambit (black male). Gambit spends most of his time outdoors, but when he is inside, he is very friendly. Rogue mostly stays inside and is more, should I say, intolerant, of others. :) She is sweet, but then she isn't--you'll be petting her and she'll purr and purr, and then she turns and bites you! We weren't sure how close we should let Lewis get to her, and OF COURSE he was obsessed with her. She didn't seem sure what she wanted--she'd run off, then come back for more, then run again.
Rogue, perched safely off of the ground for
maximum Lewis-viewing capabilities...
Perhaps this was the best arrangement for both of them...
Kisses through the glass :)
Watching football on a super big TV

As I mentioned in his 8 month post, Lewis is growing out of his 9 month clothes but isn't quite big enough for all of the 12 month clothes. I'd packed some 12 month pants that I put on him Sunday morning, but as he was crawling, he crawled right out of them...oopsy.
Pants-Free Sunday
Obsessed with electronics

I almost forgot (because I forgot to take pictures)--Kevin, Lewis, and I ran into Bloomington Sunday morning to grab breakfast and to meet Kevin's friend Ahren's new baby boy, Henry! He is so cute and tiny (just two weeks old!). Once he is a bit bigger, we'll unleash Lewis on him so they can play. :) This was just a quick visit.

Later in the morning, he spit up and then crawled through the spit up, so I decided to put him in a different outfit altogether. Here he is with Ben and Kevin, watching the Colts.
Manly Things
Lewis petting (yanking) Gambit

Sunday afternoon, Adie arranged for us to go out to Gene and Donna's (from Waycross) house on Lake Lemon where we had never visited before but had always wanted to. It was wonderful to see them and sit out in perfect fall weather on the deck of their beautiful home on Lake Lemon. Again, I could get used to that--Kevin and I both said that we could totally be 'Lake House People' in the future. It was great catching up with them and the perfect way to end our trip up to the Bloomington area.
Two Waycross Marriages and One Waycross Baby
Thanks, Niednagels, for a wonderful visit and for helping
bring us together all those (10!) years ago! :)

Great weekend.

Tonight, Lewis and I had our first Baby Splash swim class...it's 30 minutes, once a week, for five weeks, to introduce him to the water and work on a few basic skills. It's never too early, right? :) It was SO MUCH more intense than I thought it would be--we were reaching/grabbing, kicking, dipping, floating...we were Go, Go, Go for the full half hour. The instructor is pretty hardcore! I think it's going to be a great thing.

1 comment:

  1. i think you would be great lake house people too then we would have a weekend getaway place!! make sure it has a grandparents quarters! sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. i thought we would have more weekends away from home as retired people but maybe in the winter or spring.

    ReplyDelete