Sunday, October 30, 2011

Happy Halloween!

This weekend my parents (and Maggie Moo) came down to stay, and we had a great weekend! We celebrated Halloween yesterday out at Salato Wildlife Education Center in Frankfort, along with Kevin's parents and his brother, Scott--I was looking for Halloween-y things to do and found that they were having a Halloween Walk with the Animals! It was an absolutely perfect fall day, and I'm glad we went.

They have an indoor exhibit area with snakes, frogs, turtles, owls, bees, fish, a squirrel (that was hiding), etc. Outdoors they have a bald eagle, black bear, elk, bison, bobcat, wild turkey, deer, and even a skunk!

The rest of the weekend was spent hanging around the house so Lewis could show his Grandma and Grandpa Carter his new skills. Mom cooked homemade potato soup and a peaches and cream french toast casserole (oh my!). Then they babysat for us this morning while Kevin and I ran a couple of errands and went out to lunch. Great weekend--so glad they came down!
Wearing Grandpa Carter's hat
Ribbit.
Ready to see some wild animals!
Check out who is sunning herself to the left of Lew's booty.
A Sleeping Beauty
Meow.
Wild turkeys (one put his tail feathers out)
Smooshyfaces
Resident skunk (who waddled and was very large and in charge--
she was overfed as a pet before ending up at Salato as an exhibit animal)
Frog Boy with Grandma Thompson
Trying to leap out of her hands
Lewis the Frog with all of his grandparents
This was his outfit for today--Mom had gotten him the 'Daddy's Little Monster' t-shirt, and I found the pants at Goodwill the other day.
Thinking he looks like Juni a little here...Em?
We found this walker yesterday at Goodwill to see how he'd do with it--so far, it rolls away from him, and he'd rather chew on the handle or play with the gadgets on the front, but we'll keep trying. For now, he seems good with walking around the coffee table.
His first time eating a 'real' apple was today! He's had applesauce to this point, but today I offered him some of my apple and he took a few nibbles off of it.
Yum!
Man Hands
I vant to suck your blood!!
(Can you see his vampire fangs up top there?)

Happy Halloween!

5 comments:

  1. I def see a resemblance! He is too sweet! We can't wait to see him in person in a couple months. Looks like you had a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For someone who instantly froze when a camera appeared, Lewis sure has turned into a ham.

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) Yes, he has! He perks up when he hears the beep-beep of our camera now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. those ARE man hands, I noticed right away. We had a great time on our visit, thanks for having us! Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete