Hello, Fall! I love you. I love the changing leaves. I love the cool air. I love football. I love bonfires. I love sweatshirts. I love pumpkin-y stuff. I love it all.
We had a great weekend--we (Kevin, Lewis, and I and Kevin's brother, Scott) went to the Louisville vs. Marshall football game on Saturday. Louisville lost, but we had fun tailgating and being out in the perfect football weather. Today we had a laid back day around the house where Lewis pulled up to standing for the first time (!!!), we took a nice walk around the neighborhood with the dogs, and then tonight we cooked dinner over a bonfire.
Thanks to the Campfire Cooking cookbook that you got me a few Christmases ago, Mom, we made some tasty taco pockets. They consisted of crescent roll dough in a pie iron, filled with taco meat, beans, and cheese. A-men. Since we only have one pie iron, we put them in the oven after Kevin was finished cooking them (one at a time) over the fire--I didn't think of it until afterwards, but the extra oven time helped the dough puff up even more and they were delicious! And my hair smells like bonfire--even better. :)
We also turned our heat on for the first time this weekend--we woke up Saturday morning and the house was pretty chilly (overnight lows were in the 40s), so we decided that we should probably go ahead and turn it on for Lewis' sake.
Here is his game day outfit. We got the jersey for him at a consignment sale right after he was born, so I'm glad he had a chance to wear it before it was too small! I couldn't get him to stay still for very long, so the pictures aren't the greatest, but you get the point.
Go Cards!
I pulled his pants down a bit so you could see the Cardinal on his booty.
Ready for the big game!
First Time Tailgating
Trying to steal my Pumpkin Blue Moon (so tasty) :)
Bundled up and NOT napping (who could?)
We had planned to start sleep training after the game, but his afternoon nap didn't happen until the drive home (close to 7pm), so we decided that was not the best time to start it. Today got away from me and I felt unprepared, so we aren't starting it tonight either. I will try to finish my preparations tomorrow--I have a little bit of rereading I would like to do and a little bit more wrapping-my-brain-around-it to do before I feel comfortable committing to it. I just need a little bit more time.
The next set of pictures/video are from this afternoon when he all of a sudden decided to start pulling up! He's been looking and reaching upward for a few weeks now, but he's just started trying to pull with his arms the past few days. He has been getting to his knees and hanging out like that for a while before giving up, moving on, etc. Finally today he figured out that he could also push up with his legs! We were totally shocked (and maybe a little teary-eyed) when he pulled up to standing today. It has been so neat to watch him figure it out--I'm also so glad Kevin was able to see it with me for the first time!
Cracking himself up in his orange fleece pants.
We are a fleece pants-loving household.
Yum, lead paint.
We had Multi-room DVR installed last week, and they left the old DVR remote, so we took the batteries out and let Lewis play with it since he is constantly eyeing our phones, remotes, etc.
Here are a few videos of his new skill--still pretty rough, but he is determined to figure it out! And, like Emily said, I know there will be lots of bumps and bruises as he is learning.
His first black eye
He got it while trying to pull up onto the Rock Band drum set. He face-planted onto the base of one of the legs and hit it at just the right angle.
Oh, and you can't see it in these pictures, but he has a FOURTH tooth coming through!! Just spotted it peeking through the skin today--it is in the same position as the third, on the opposite side. I believe they are the ones directly next to his top two middle ones--I told Kevin we should ditch the frog idea for Halloween and do either a vampire or a Jack-o-lantern since he'll have such a great, toothy smile by then! We'll see--we still have a month, so he could get more between now and then.
I love you, Lewis Pete. :)
oh my! he just does new things everyday now and it's so wonderful to be able to watch him like this. i do think you better nip this beer drinking in the bud- HAHA! he does seem interested in his beer. that last picture is wonderful- will you send it to my so I can print it out, black eye and all. I love you too, Lewis Pete
ReplyDeleteHa! So cool! Juniper wanted me to tell Lewis not to worry. It gets better. Pretty soon, he'll be able to run away from you whenever it's diaper change time so the black eye is totally worth it!!!
ReplyDeleteHaha...he cried when I removed the beer from his grasp to take a drink--he was temporarily obsessed with it!
ReplyDeleteAlso, he bonked the other side of his face today and has a nice up and down bruise to match his bum eye. He is a mess!
It seems like we literally blinked, and now he is up, down, and all over the place! Now we're on safety patrol, and I have already started prioritizing just how injured he'll get in certain areas. :)
I miss you guys...I will watch all these videos when I'm not at work:)
ReplyDeleteIsn't it amazing that just a few months ago they were just helpless baby burritos?!? It's incredible really.
ReplyDeleteIt is incredible. Seeing them grow, change, and learn a little bit every day.
ReplyDelete