Sunday, October 30, 2011

Up,Up,Updates

Feeding
We have been giving Lewis some Cheerios and cut up pieces of pasta or yogurt melts to try to encourage/teach him to feed himself. He has about a 10% tray-to-hand-to-inside-mouth success rate right now, I'd say. He LOVES Cheerios and tries SO hard to pick them up, but they usually end up in his lap or on the floor. Thankfully the dogs ALSO love Cheerios and have been hanging around at mealtimes the past week or so since the finger food effort began. The other night I found myself saying (and sharing) '1 for Lewis, 1 for Peter, 1 for Hattie, and 1 for me.' The dogs are so cute about it--they act like one single Cheerio is such a special treat that needs to be very delicately taken from my fingers.

Mom Group
I got word last week that the leader of our mom group from the hospital where we delivered had accepted a new job, so Lewis and I went last week to say goodbye and to thank her for all that she's done (and continues to do) for us. I meant to take a picture with her for Lewis' memory box, but of course forgot. I did get one of Lewis with his buddy, Josiah, who is 10 months old.


Sleeping
We tried shifting bedtime 15 minutes earlier to see if Lewis would sleep a little later in the mornings, but it completely and totally backfired on us. We were starting his bedtime routine at 7:30pm (asleep by 8pm) and he was awakening at 6:30am (which is the 10 1/2 hour mark, and we were shooting for 11 hours). We decided to try starting bedtime at 7:15pm (asleep by 7:45pm) to see if that would help him sleep later, but he started waking up at 5:45am. That was early and only 10 hours of sleep, so we are back to 7:30pm!

However, he has started to peep around 5:45am again, but doesn't seem to fully wake up until 6am. We obviously still have some tweaking to do. However, his naps have also been poor the past few days (30 minutes instead of the usual 45 minute, hour, or glorious, but rare, 2 hours, that we're used to), and I know his daytime sleep directly affects his nighttime sleep. A work in progress.

Swimming Lessons
Baby Splash is going well--we've had 2 classes so far with 2 different instructors and 2 very different teaching methods. The first was very structured, kept us going the whole 30 minutes, and took it very seriously (no baby ooohs and aaahs from her). The second, on the other hand, is all about the babies, very laid back, and didn't give us much direction at all. First lady wins for me. #2 is kind of how I envisioned the class would be, but since I saw #1's style first, I now expect #1 results, dang it.


And my parents just left from a weekend visit, so I have a bunch of pictures/videos to get posted! I'd started this post last week and just hadn't had time to finish it yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment