Sunday, October 23, 2011

A Weekend at Home

We stayed in town this weekend and had a nice balance of relaxation and getting some much needed things done around the house.

Ben and Adie spent fall break down by Red River Gorge, so they stopped in on their way home Saturday afternoon for a nice visit. Two successful Goodwill stops and a tasty dinner at the new-ish restaurant up the street (Emily and Joe, still saving the Poutine for you!).

Saturday morning I was cleaning up, and Kevin yelled for me to 'Come, quickly' and 'Bring the camera!' Poor Lewis had gone booty up into the magazine crate. I should have knelt down and taken a picture from the side, but he was getting (understandably) fussy by the time I got one picture taken--just know that his feet were not touching the ground. He has also done this a few times in the basement with the laundry basket (with clean, folded laundry there to cushion his head).
Baby Got Back
Wearing Uncle Ben's hat, which I think is a size 8 like Kevin wears.
No doubt in Lewis' future.

I took this video sometime last week of Lewis standing and starting to move around more smoothly. He still wobbles a lot and falls a lot, but he is getting more confident/coordinated each day, it seems. It has been really fun to watch him evolve. Here he is harassing Hattie Boo who was happily asleep on the couch--she did growl around 0:24, but I'm not sure if the camera picked it up or not.

Kevin and I both had productive days today, switching off on Lewis duty. Kevin knocked out gutters, leaves, and mowing one last time, while I organized our junk room that was getting out of control. Goodwill stuff is loaded (thanks, Kevin!) and the junk room is no longer stressing me out.

This week is looking to be a little busy with running errands, and my parents are coming down this weekend, so we are looking forward to that! Hope everyone had a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment