We made a trip up to the Indianapolis area this weekend. On the way up, we stopped off to visit with my parents for a bit at Papaw Sonny's favorite restaurant: Fazoli's! He said he hopes/wants Lewis to love it as much as he does. Dad has been known to drive almost an hour to Indianapolis to get his Classic Sampler and breadstick fix. :) We had a nice visit--David even surprised us with a visit, which was great!
Fazoli's with Mamaw and Papaw
Chillaxin' with Unckie Dave
We spent the weekend at Tony and Kendra's house in Fishers. We were supposed to go up to help them work on redoing their bathroom back in June, but we had to reschedule. Kevin, Tony, and Tony's dad worked on the bathroom while Kendra and I chatted and watched the babes.
Here is Lewis playing with one of the 5-month-old twins, Jenson. Lewis 'played' with Jenson and Edison--smushing their faces, eating their hair, sticking his fingers in their mouths, etc. He was a little bit rough, so we had to keep a close eye on him. I think he was used to playing with Juniper who outweighs him and who pushes back. It was fun to see all of the kids interacting.
What's up, Jenson?
We had a very, very, very fun time after the children went to sleep on Saturday. Dare I say too much fun? We played cards until very late and drank a little bit (or a lot) more than we are used to drinking, but it was really fun. Sunday morning was a little bit rough--we got up, fed Lewis, hung out for a bit, and then Kevin, Lewis, and I all took morning naps together. We felt better after the nap, but still didn't feel great. We aren't as young as we used to be. :)
The older girls (Lily and Sophie) wanted to play Super Mario Bros (NOT Brothers) in between wake-up time and nap time, so I joined. It was like the old Super Mario Brothers, but on the Wii. Some of it was familiar, but there were new features I kept screwing up (like having to shake the controller to jump higher).
Lily and Sophie and I played while Kevin took pictures of Norah and Lewis playing. Norah really seemed to like Lewis, and she calls him Lewsis, which is super cute.
Lewsis and beautiful Norah
Hey, Papa!
My bottom teeth are HUGE! See?!?
:)
Sweet Norah
Later, I ran upstairs for something and caught this moment from up above that made me smile. Lots of activity going on at the Butt house! And the twins weren't even out there when I took this (but Lewis is down there with our friend, Alan, and his son, Ben). And don't forget the dog (Maya)! Our dogs were there, too, but they were locked up in their crates in our room.
Sunday afternoon, we went to Ben's 1st birthday party and then headed back home. It was a great weekend!
simply adorable pix. I love watching Lewis playing. He has such a wonderful laugh. I had to think of when Em and J came to visit Lewis the first time and had to be taught "gentle". The tables are turned! Lew looks twice the size of Jenson in that video
ReplyDeleteYeah, Lewis doesn't quite get the gentle thing yet, with the dogs or other babies...this was the first time he's played with babies younger than him. In time.
ReplyDelete