Around midnight, we headed inside to go to bed, and Peter and Hattie barked. They were in our room with (a sleeping) Lewis, and they woke him up. We tried to sneak around and not wake him further, but he just stood in his Pack-n-Play and stared at us. Eventually he started yelling out, so we grabbed him and pulled him into bed with us (to avoid him waking up the entire house). From midnight to 5am, he laid with us, mostly awake. I think Kevin and I drifted off to sleep a few times (as Lew probably did, too). Then he would suddenly stand up. Or try to crawl over Kevin. Or pull my hair. Or say 'Vroom Vroom' or 'Hattie' or 'Mama' over and over, etc. JUST when we'd think he was asleep, he'd make some other noise or one of the dogs would get a (SO LOUD) drink of water. He didn't fight when we pulled him back to lay down. He finally fell asleep at 5:08am, and I awoke at 8:30 to the sound of one of the Butt boys crying. Sooo, we're all still working on a sleep deficit--I think we're just about caught up now.
Sunday we headed out to Henry's Ark (petting zoo)--it was a beautiful morning for it. I forgot that Kendra has a fear of birds, and there were SO many damn birds, chickens, ducks, emus, etc. everywhere. I think there were a particularly large amount that day. It was pretty funny watching her trying (and failing) to keep her cool in front of the kids. We saw the animals and handed out our carrots, and then we headed back for lunch and naps. The girls and I carved a pumpkin during naptime, which was fun, and then they all headed out just before dinnertime. Crazy busy compared to our normal lives, but we're so glad they came and we had a great time!
Fun with Play-Doh
Norah on the Gas, Lewis on the Wheel
Kevin and I 'Babysitting'
Kevin told Tony and Kendra that we could watch their kids while they ran to the store (it was really fun and no problem at all--it was just funny that he volunteered us to do so), so he and I were in charge of 6 at one time (their 5 plus our 1). The 2 older girls were inside in the basement, so we really just had to keep the younger 4 safe and happy and out of the campfire that we were simultaneously trying to get going. It was crazy there for a little bit! :)
Kevin and Jenson
Norah and Lewis
Loving her long, beautiful hair!
Buddies
Lew, checking out the goats at Henry's Ark
Pumpkin Carving with Sophie (Lily and Norah, too)
Messy Hands
The pumpkin seeds were so good (roasted with olive oil and salt). I have another pumpkin for our house, so I'm excited to get to eat those seeds again soon!
Edison
He liked sitting on the air mattress, and he really liked it when Lily and Norah ran and jumped on it to make him bounce. He, like Lewis, is a big fan of cars. He would roll them around and say 'Wheeee!'
The big hotspot in our basement on Sunday was the teepee. Many, many children were trying to all play inside at once. :) Kevin took a couple of pictures:
Jenson, Norah, Lewis
Blurry Lewis, Jenson, Norah
Norah has a pretty heavy/probably kind of dangerous in that particular situation, Maglite flashlight. Oh well! No bumps or bruises.
Side Note: Lewis DOES currently have a black eye from, of all things, a roll of crescent rolls! He was getting in the fridge last week (his new favorite thing), and Kevin heard him cry out and walked in to find him holding his eye with a package of crescent rolls on the floor. Poor buddy! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment