Sunday, October 7, 2012

Throw Pillows (almost)

Way back, even before we chose our new couch, I bought fabric to make some throw pillow slipcovers for upstairs and downstairs. I'm pretty sure I bought the 4 pillow forms OVER a year ago, possibly/probably more. The arrival of the couch finally kicked me into action, so today during nap (and after--thanks, Kevin!), I finally made them, almost.

I swear I read the tutorial well and bought the amount of fabric the lady said to, but somehow (probably my faulty cutting skills, that's how) I ended up a bit short. I had enough to complete 3 of the 4, but I need to go back and buy 1 more foot to finish the other half of the back on the 4th one. I tried to piece together my scraps to make a FrankenPillow, but it was looking really sad after the 3rd piece was sewn together and as I was pinning a 4th and 5th piece. It was a mess.

Here are the 2 upstairs on the new couch:
 
They overlap in the back and can be easily removed for washing. I'm going to see if they stretch out any further--if they do, I might take them in another 1/2 inch all around to make them fit the pillow a bit more snugly.

Here is the tutorial I used, though I omitted a lot of her extra steps (no zigzag and no trim).

4 comments:

  1. so cute!1 the brownish color matches your sofa exactly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I'm so glad--we had decided on a sofa color before actually shopping for one, and I went with the color in mind when picking out the pillow fabric. A bit out of order, but it worked out. :) It goes with the basement couch, too (just a few shades lighter).

      Delete