Tuesday, September 24, 2013

A Weekend Spent Mostly Outside

This past weekend's weather was gorgeous. Cool-bordering-on-cold overnight, not too hot during the day. My kind of weather. :) We made it a 'no plans' weekend and had a good time around the house, at the park, and got a few yard/garden-related To Do items done in the process. And we made our first pot of chili for the season!

First a picture from late last week when Lewis was at the height of his nap streak (which is not the case the past few days). I was getting some things cleaned up in the kitchen and found him like this:
 Under the covers in the guest bed 
(with Monkey, on the left, under the covers, too)

Saturday evening we had a bonfire and roasted hot dogs to go with our chili. Kevin took a few pictures of Lewis and I and said something like, 'The sun is a little bit in your face.' Eh, just slightly:
 I think in the 2nd one the sun is starting to creep into Lew's eyes, too.
 Lewis, arranging his monkey, trash truck, and sports car in the chair
 He got annoyed that they were falling from the blue chair, so we got a different chair for him to try. I guess he wanted to sit with them in the seat next to him?!
 He eventually gave up and just put them back in his hands. :)

Sunday morning we headed out to the park/playground:
 Climbing through the store window, naturally...
 
 
 Big Boy Swingin'
He rode in the baby/toddler swings at first, but then he made Kevin push him in each of the four big kid swings. He'd swing for a few minutes and say 'all done.' Then he'd get down and move to the next one. It was pretty funny.
 
Dipping his toes

You might have noticed that Lewis still has his hands full of toys in most of the pictures. That's been the case, still. It's now causing an issue at drop-off for school because he isn't allowed to bring any toys inside with him. Yesterday and today he melted down when I took the toys, so next week we are going to leave them at home and give him the five minute commute to school to chill out and talk about what fun he'll have that day. Hopefully there will be a lot less tears that way. :/

It seems like the newness of school has worn off, and it's been harder to get him going both yesterday and today. Today, especially, he was fussing his way through the morning at home, and I kept trying to talk up the fun he would have. I mentioned that he had soccer, and he asked if Mama could come to soccer. :) Hopefully by next week he'll be back in the groove--he always comes out with the biggest smile, but it's just been a little more difficult in the mornings.

2 comments:

  1. I <3 the bird's eye view of Lewis' "Dipping His Toes"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. :) If he'd had his way, he would have been IN the creek. :)

      Delete