Sunday, September 29, 2013

Day Trippin'

Yesterday we took a day trip to Owensboro to visit Kevin's brother Brian (and Julie and Van). I had my camera out most of the visit (after I missed some initial snuggles between Lewis and Van), but I didn't take a single picture while we were there! Not a one. We had a nice visit with everyone--we spent a lot of time outside, with Lew and Van chasing each other most of the time.

We stayed through a late lunch and then headed back as Lewis started to get fussy (and he's been sick, so he was melting down more than usual). He fussed/moaned for approximately 1 hour 30 minutes of the 1 hour 40 minutes drive, falling asleep 10 minutes from home. :( He seemed a little better today but worse again this evening--I already called him in sick to his school, and I think we'll be going to the pediatrician tomorrow, instead. I hope he feels better soon.

I did take some pictures at Cracker Barrel yesterday morning while we were waiting for Kevin's parents and Scott to arrive:
 Lew wasn't interested in playing checkers, but he was interested in stacking them all, perfectly neat and tidy. :)
 
That concentration. :)
 
 
Getting an assist from Dada to keep it steady.
 
 
 Finally done. YAY!
Admiring his work. :) 
He threw a small fit when Kevin unstacked them and put the pieces back in place for the next person.

2 comments:

  1. Adorable! Great job Lewis! Feel better soon, little buddy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! He was so determined. :) Seems to be feeling better today--less warm, at least, and a hearty appetite at breakfast.

      Delete