First Day of Preschool, 2013
Cheese! He was super excited to go this morning, and I think (from what I've gathered so far) he had a good first day.
We had a homework assignment for today--we were to send in pictures, magazine clippings, etc. of things that tell 'All About Lewis,' and they're making a place mat for snack time out of them. I couldn't find a recent picture of the dogs with Lew (where they aren't looking tortured), so I took a new one. Hattie couldn't be bothered to sit up, of course. :)
At least Lewis was smiling. :)
I sent in some pictures of him doing things he loves (riding a train, flying a plane, on an excavator at Touch-a-Truck, at the splash park, etc.) and some clippings of Thomas, Lightning McQueen, a school bus, and pancakes (his current favorite food). I guess we'll see the finished product whenever we visit his classroom.
The director said his first day went well! Lewis told me he played and worked on the police car, but that's all I've gotten out of him so far. He said that he made new friends, too, but didn't provide any further details. :) I also asked if he made an art project with pictures, but he said nothing. I'll try asking him again later to see if I can get more information. Because of the holiday he had yesterday off, but normally he'll go Mondays and Tuesdays.
Speaking of the holiday, Sunday we went to a pool party at the Runyons' house:
Speaking of the holiday, Sunday we went to a pool party at the Runyons' house:
He was trying to talk Avery into sitting on the swing with him, but she had more important things to do (like cannonballs!). She was telling him that she'd be back in 5 minutes and might be able to swing with him then. :) He lost interest and went back to swimming and then loving on Avery.
:)
She is 4 and was so sweet with him, helping teach him how to bravely jump off the side.
And Carter Bell had a new tractor that Lewis was all over, of course:
It was pretty awesome--Lew didn't want to stop playing on it.
We had a great time, as always. Friday night we also had last-minute visitors from our camp friend, Anne, and her boyfriend, Jeff. They were stopping over on their way from Chicago to Nashville/Memphis for the long weekend, so we hung out Friday night and then had breakfast Saturday before they continued on their way. They brought with them some Old Style and Bell's Oberon for us, so we enjoyed those at the pool party on Sunday.
And Sharon, I think everyone liked your chocolate eclair cake--we didn't bring home a bit! Kevin was secretly hoping everyone would hate it so we could bring it home to eat. Haha. :) Guess I'll have to make one of the 'mini' ones sometime.
How cute! He is such a ladies man!
ReplyDelete