As I mentioned, Kendra and Tony and the gang came down for an impromptu visit this weekend! We hadn't had all of them down since about this time last year, so it was good to see them and catch up.
The boys had fun playing in Lew's teepee (Edison is in blue, Jenson is in red).
I was 'shooting blindly' into the darkness...I knew they were all in there, but wasn't sure who was where and whether they were looking my way or not. This was the best one.
Saturday morning snuggles with Dexter
:) Such a sweet boy.
Sweet Norah, whipping up some treats in Lew's kitchen
It was another gorgeous fall day, so we spent the late afternoon/evening outside with a campfire. We made s'mores with the kids and then enjoyed some sittin'-around-the-fire time after the children went to bed.
Lewis and Norah were pretty inseparable and adorable :)
They were watching the neighbors mow their yard through the fence...very exciting stuff.
Kevin took this very sun-streaked picture of Norah with his phone.
Time for s'mores:
Lily,
Kevin teaching The Art of Roasting the Mallow
Lewis wasn't quite as sure
He took one bite but then handed it off to me.
He took one bite but then handed it off to me.
He preferred to eat the Reese's cups and Hershey bars straight up, instead.
Great fire, Kevin!
We actually were getting COLD sitting out by the fire, which I loved. Ahhh, fall. We went inside and played a raucous game of Egyptian Ratscrew, a card game we used to play back in our days at Waycross. Either Kevin or Kendra won, I'm not sure. We kind of lost steam after awhile. :)
We actually were getting COLD sitting out by the fire, which I loved. Ahhh, fall. We went inside and played a raucous game of Egyptian Ratscrew, a card game we used to play back in our days at Waycross. Either Kevin or Kendra won, I'm not sure. We kind of lost steam after awhile. :)
This morning:
Norah asked to help, so I put her on egg-cracking duty. She did a really great job!
I wasn't sure how many eggs to cook, so we did 2 dozen. That was just about right--we only threw out a couple of eggs' worth of leftovers. I was continually amazed by the process (and quantity) of feeding 5 kids vs. just Lewis. The assembly line of plates at every meal was impressive.
So many children!
I think Lewis thought it was the best weekend ever. So many friends to eat with, play with, laugh with, etc. :)
It was a good weekend. Lots of fun and laughter and catching up.






That sun streaked photo is coool! Carlton and I had to get our Lewis fix since we didn't get to see you guys this week! Carlton asked about all the other children in the pics. But knew Thomas right away!-ha Follow by, "Lewis is sleeping." His favorite words right now are, "What's that?" and "Who's that?"
ReplyDelete:) I don't blame you if you're confused, Carlton--it's a lot of kids to keep straight! :) We miss you guys!
Delete