Here are some pictures that Kevin took while he was there:
Talking colors and balls with Ms. Lauren (the director, whom I love)
She reminds me so much of our former summer camp director/mentor/friend, Joan, and I knew once I met her that we'd have a good fit with this school.
Playing with 'a girl'
Most of the time when I ask Lewis how his day was, what he did, etc., he says he 'played with a girl.' Maybe this is the girl? I'm not sure, but I guess we'll find out as the year progresses.
Two basketballs in one hand and trains galore--looks about right! :)
Here is Lew's place mat in action! A couple of the students haven't brought in their photos yet, so they aren't using them at snack time until all of the students have one. (But the dads got a sneak peek.)
One side
And the other :)
Kevin said they had a good time! Apparently after he left, though, Lewis got really upset. His teacher was telling me about it after school and said she's going to try to push it until later into the semester next year since the kids are still getting used to being away from mom/dad just three weeks in (which makes sense). She said they almost called me to come and get him, he was so upset, but a ride in one of these made it all better:
:)
The 1-year-olds have one for transporting the kids further distances, so they let Lewis hitch a ride, and all was well again. :)
He has had a couple of 'incidents' with another student in his class who keeps biting him. It happened on Monday and Tuesday and once last week to a different student. They are going to bring in an occupational therapist tomorrow to see if they can teach him how to interact more appropriately. The other mom feels terrible about it, and we feel bad that he might get kicked out of school (knowing that he's just 2 and it's just a phase). BUT we also don't want Lewis to be bitten every day. :) His teacher has let the other mom know that the students have to be safe, so if they can't get him to stop, he will have to leave. They thought last week he was fixating on a toy, but this week they felt he might have been fixating on Lewis, specifically. I think both instances involved fighting over a toy (which, again, we feel is normal 2-year-old behavior), sooooo it's to be continued. The occupational therapist will be in tomorrow, and I've heard good things about what can be accomplished, so hopefully it will all end well!
Lewis also started soccer on Tuesday (busy day!)! He will just have practices after school for 10 weeks, learning some of the basics. No games, nothing formal. Since he likes balls of all sorts, we thought it'd be a good place to start (and he can run off some of that extra energy). :) So Mondays he goes 9-12 and Tuesdays 9-2. So far, so good!





love it!! glad he gets to go
ReplyDeleteMe too! I think they have a Muffins with Mom in the spring, so I look forward to that. :)
Delete