He has been on antibiotics since Monday, and today he seems to be in much better spirits. He's still a bit on the fussy side, but he is no longer feverish, is much (much!) less snotty, and his appetite has returned. I overheard Kevin asking him what he and Mama were going to do today, and he said, 'Eat pancakes?!' in a very sweet, hopeful voice (we usually only make pancakes on the weekends). I made them this morning and he ate 3-4 small ones, strawberries, and some of his yogurt. That's a lot, compared to the past 4-5 days, so things are looking up.
We did have a pretty good meltdown this morning. We ran to get some dog food and treats, and I picked out a couple of hot dog-shaped cookies for the dogs. Lewis really wanted to hold one, so I let him while we were checking out. At one point, I heard him say, 'Delicious,' and looked over to see that he'd bitten into/tasted the cookie (he didn't actually ingest any, but did get a taste of the icing on it). We finished checking out, loaded the car, and I took the cookie away so that the icing didn't melt all over him. That was it--he started crying and thrashing for 'Hot Doooooog!' as I was buckling him in his seat. He cried through the drive, through a stop for gas, and the rest of the way home. I'd ask him what was wrong, and he'd stop crying momentarily to say 'Hot Doooooog!' No amount of explaining that the cookies were for the dogs was getting through to him--when we got home, I let him give the cookies to Peter and Hattie, and he was fine after that. :) Phew!
Kevin took a few pictures with his phone from a day last weekend--I'd run to Kroger during Lew's nap, and he'd woken up very upset and wanting Mama. Kevin sent me a text asking if I was going to be home anytime soon, and I arrived home to the two of them sitting on the porch, waiting for me. :)
Poor Lewis was a hot mess. :)

Carlton says, "Baby crying, baby sad." Hope you all are feeling better by the weekend.
ReplyDeleteThank you. :) Lewis seems to be doing pretty well this afternoon (he napped!), and I'm hoping by Saturday I'll feel better. :)
Delete