Thursday, October 24, 2013

Sickly Times are Here Again

Another week, another ear infection. :/ Lew started acting sick again last Friday, and by Sunday he had a horribly deep cough and greenish yellow snot. He seemed a little better by Monday (but we still kept him home from school), and then Tuesday he woke up saying that he had an Ear BooBoo. :( We went back to the pediatrician, and she found that he had another ear infection in his left ear (same as last time). 

Now that he's had two nearly back-to-back, he is on antibiotics again and we have to go back to be rechecked in three weeks to make sure it's gone. The first round of antibiotics caused no side effects whatsoever, but this time they prescribed a different one and it has caused diarrhea. I have a call in this morning to see if we can switch to something else. I also had a bad cough for a few days and now have sinus congestion, so it's been kind of a crummy week.

Monday, however, our day was brightened by a package in the mail from Mamaw Carter! Here are pictures of Lew opening it:
Room on the Broom (book) and Creepy, crawly bugs (in his hand)
m&ms!!! His favorite.
His face says it all. :)
Happy Halloween, Biscuit was the other book
Mom said she has a book about a dog at her house that they read, too. He is obsessed--we read it three times yesterday before nap, and then he slept with it under his head. No joke. He loves the 'puppy dog book.'

After reading the books a few times and eating a few m&ms, we went outside to carve our pumpkin into a Jack-o-Lantern that looks like the one in the puppy dog book:
Look out, Lew has a knife. :)
He had fun tracing the cuts I'd made, but he had no interest in helping me scrape out the guts and seeds. I later roasted the seeds, and they were awesome.
Posing with his pumpkin :)
And again :)
I told him to sit on the step and hold up his book...I guess, technically, he is doing what I said. Just not the step I had in mind. :)
Jack-o-Lantern at night
And during the day
Mom got me the big orange mum, so I added in a couple of yellow ones and a red one to decorate the front porch.
The other side of the porch
I copied the 'Welcome' pumpkin idea from Pinterest, and the gourds and white pumpkins came from our trip to the farm with Tonya and Carlton.

Thanks, Mom, for helping us get into the fall spirit. :) I'm working on Halloween costumes now--Lewis is going to be a race car driver, and Kevin came up with a last-minute idea of he and I being Lew's pit crew. So I'm working on our costumes--we have a fall festival and trunk-or-treat at Lewis' school tomorrow night, so I have to have things finished by then.

That reminds me, another bummer about being sick this week is that Lewis missed school picture day! His class had theirs taken on Tuesday, but thankfully other classes were having theirs taken on Wednesday. We dropped in yesterday, and I think the pictures will be ready next week.

2 comments:

  1. this makes me happy!!! (not about him being sick again though)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) I had to break out a few more m&ms to calm him at breakfast this morning--READ PUPPY DOG BOOK, AGAIN! I took it away from him so that we could eat breakfast (after reading it three times), and he was inconsolable. The m&ms and some hugs distracted him enough to calm down and forget about the book for awhile. :)

      Delete