I gave him the option of going to Creasey Mahan or Henry's Ark to hike. C.M.'s nature center was open this morning for a nature craft, plus trails to hike, playground, picnic area, etc. H.A. is where we can feed carrots to the animals and isn't really a 'hike' (more of a walk down a sometimes muddy gravel lane). He chose Henry's Ark (I tried to sway him, but that was his choice). :)
:)
Facing off with a turkey
Again, being pestered by the white one thisclose to us and the brown one on the other side of the fence.
We walked on by together and they left us alone (until we had to walk by them again to get out of that area...). I'm not a fan of being approached by turkeys, roosters, ducks, etc. It gives me flashbacks to childhood when I got bitten on the fingers by a couple of aggressive ducks we were feeding. Oh well--we made it out alive.
Such a strange sight to see in Kentucky...
Finally, a goat to feed.
We had a hard time finding animals to eat our carrots at first. I think the animals were still resting when we arrived--when we passed back through on our way to the car, a lot were out and ready to see us.
:)
I think he ate that carrot, himself.
Glad to see our zebra friends again.
It was a very nice morning spent 'hiking' with my buddy. Before too long, we'll have to get out in the actual woods on an actual trail. I am absolutely loving this cooler weather and watching the color of leaves change on the trees. My favorite time of year. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment