Monday, October 21, 2013

Girl Time and Guy Time

As I mentioned, Kate and I got together at her house yesterday to catch up and start a few craft projects (while listening to 80s music, of course). :) She'd found some tutorials on Pinterest for potential projects, so I decided to go with some clothespin magnets for hanging Lewis' art projects on the fridge. She started cute felt scarves for both of us, but they'll take a while to finish. It was fun and was just what I needed to clear my head for a new week.

Here are our projects:
 One Completed Felt Flower (of many) and her Clothespin Magnets
And my magnets (after I trimmed the excess tape last evening)
I was supposed to use washi tape, which was $3 a roll at Target and not in patterns I liked. The light blue is washi, but the other three colors are $1 rolls of cute duct tape I found at Target. The buttons are some planes, trains, and automobile buttons I found at JoAnn's, and I cut the loops off the back of them so they would glue flat. The tutorial I used is here. Super simple. Lew loves them! I showed them to him to this morning, and he asked to be picked up to see them 3-4 other times throughout the day (I have them way up high on the fridge so he can't break them right away). :) Can't wait to fill up the fridge space with his art projects.

I also went into yesterday planning to decoupage some white pumpkins I'd picked up, but it was an epic failure. First of all, I didn't press the leaves beforehand. Secondly, my pumpkins were very small, therefore more ridge-y (and less smooth). I also used bulkier Maple leaves instead of the more delicate ones they used in the picture below, so that might have also been a problem. No matter how much Mod Podge I used, the leaves just kept bouncing back up, unwilling to stick. Super disappointing.

This is what they might have looked like:

While I was away, Kevin and Lewis held down the fort at home. I believe they watched some TV, went to the playground, played outside, and built a bonfire.

Here are a few of their pictures:
 Watching Cars
 Drooly McDroolerson from being sick
(if you look at the neck of his shirt)
 Jogging to the playground :)
It's at the elementary school across the street.
 Playing with Dada's Phone
He really likes wearing the hood of his hooded sweatshirts and jackets these days.
 Being a stinker, I presume?
That's better. :)

We ate dinner and had some s'mores out by the fire when I got home. It was a really good weather evening, yet again.
Again, Lewis didn't want a s'more, just the chocolate.

2 comments:

  1. glad he can jog now. i remember carrying his heavy self to that playground-whew! Love your projects. Wish you went to St. James and could make projects for the bazaar. Not many of us make things anymore. We are having our chili cookout Sunday evening. it's supposed to be chilly so they probably will not want a campfire. they'll want to move it inside. BOO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I can make some projects one of these years! (Even if I don't go to St. James)

      I hope you get to stay outside for your cookout...sounds like perfect chili and bonfire weather to me. :) Bundle up, people! :)

      Delete