Phew! This past week was one of those weeks! Lewis didn't nap a single day, Kevin worked late a couple of nights, and it all left me pretty short-fused and crazed by Friday. Thank goodness for the weekend (though today was a busy runaround day, too...).
First, Lewis at dinner one night while I was (quite obviously) not paying attention as I cooked and he ate yogurt:
I remember it being one of Kevin's late days, and I remember I, personally, was at the end of the road for the day. :) I'm pretty sure he mostly ate the yogurt using his hands and the handle of the spoon. He had it up to his shoulders, all over his chest, in his hair, all over his face. That was a night we went straight to the bathtub. My, oh my. (I guess if there was a positive out of the situation, I was unintentionally too lazy to put a shirt on him after 'nap.' One less thing to launder. Go me.) :)
We met Carlton and Tonya at open gym on Friday--we hadn't been all summer, so it was interesting to see the differences in Lewis' abilities compared to last spring. (Lewis calls it the Bouncy Ball Place.)
Trampoline with Carlton
Flying Down the Slide
These next three make me laugh. He's doing his best real life Spiderman impression:
This was inside an inflatable, and he kept climbing to the peak of that yellow bridge behind him. He'd jump off and land not very gracefully, but he kept getting back up for more. Wild man!
The place we go is primarily a gymnastics facility, so for 45 minutes in the middle of the open gym time, they open it up for the preschool crowd to run around and try out the equipment:
Sliding Down into the Foam Pit
He used to hate landing in the foam (it scared him, not being able to stand up or get out easily), but this time he didn't seem to mind it as much.
Bouncing Along with his Buddy
It was way more crowded this time than in times past. I'm not sure if that was because it was a Friday or the sudden cooler weather or what, but I hope it isn't that crowded if/when we return. Lewis had a fun time, but he quickly melted down at the end (as was the case most days this week...). I'll hope for a day or two (or more!) of naps next week. :)
Since he bungee jumped last week he shouldn't be afraid of anything! Loads of Funtime !
ReplyDeleteTrue! If only all of that fun time would lead to a nap... :)
Delete