Yesterday morning, Kevin ran a 10K at one of the new parks in town. It was the first race they've hosted, and we could tell right away that there are some kinks to be worked out. We thought we would arrive about 25 minutes before the race, but the only road that led to the parking area was a windy 2-lane road--it was bumper to bumper the whole way and took us over 30 minutes to almost get back to the parking area. Once we were close, they came by and told us to just pull over as far as we could on the road and park there (they ran out of parking spots)!
By that time, it was well past the 9am start time and was raining pretty steadily. I think they delayed the start until 9:30 so that everyone could get to the start line. Anyway, Kevin braved it, rain and all! Lewis and I sat in the car for a little bit before heading out to find the finish line. It was so cold and wet and muddy! Definitely one to remember. :)
The very cold and wet finish line
Go, Dada!
I had an umbrella, and I thought the stroller was pretty well covering Lewis from the rain. However, he kept putting his feet out... :)
There he is!
Go, Kevin! You rock!
Finished!
There was no time for chit chat after the race. Once we got over to him, he said, 'Let's go!' On the walk to the car, he was telling me about the course and revealed that the road we were parked on was actually a part of the course! We thought it would be a mess to get out, but there were enough breaks in the walkers that we were able to whip a three point turnaround and get the heck out of there.
We had just enough time to run home, change out of our rain-soaked clothes (and Kevin showered), and we got our Louisville gear on for the Red and White Basketball Scrimmage:
Coach Pitino before the game (with no zoom!)
Thanks to Kevin being on top of ticket sales, we were in the 2nd row, center court. Totally awesome seats!
Laying on his seat to look up at the big scoreboard :)
Being a goof with Dada (and not posing for a picture)
Looking for the Ladybirds
The Ladybirds are UL's dance team, and he really liked watching them dance during one of the commercial breaks. He wanted them to come back out (Watch girls dance again?), but they just danced the one time. We did use that as a bit of a bargaining chip, too, by telling him that we needed to stick around to see the girls dance again (which, in our defense, we assumed they would dance more than once!).
Coach Pitino again and a couple of players
We had another secret weapon--our new friend, Simon, who was sitting in front of us. He was the sweetest boy, and he really helped us out with Lewis a few times. He talked to him, asked him questions, showed him his Nintendo game, showed him a cool UL necklace, etc. By the end, Lew was gently patting him on the back like he would do to a good buddy. :)
That was the best incognito shot I could get of Lewis and Kevin together (sorry, Kevin's head). :)
Yesterday was a busy day. After the game, we attempted (and failed) a nap, so we headed out to get some dinner and run a few errands. This morning I headed to Kate's house for most of the day to hang out, catch up, and do some crafting. Kevin and Lewis stayed back and had a Guys' Day. I have a few pics from their day and my day, so I'll save those for another post. (I still have a few finishing touches to put on my craft projects.)
Unfortunately Lewis is sick again, so I think he's going to have to miss school tomorrow (unless he wakes up a new man). I've heard it will get better as he builds up his immunities, so I'm looking forward to that. :) Maybe he'll be well enough by Tuesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment