Since it's been so cold and/or snowy and/or icy these past few weeks, we've spent more time at home. It did warm up enough on Monday of this week to actually go outside and enjoy some snow without instantly being too cold. Lewis had another snow day that day, so I was glad for him to be able to get outside to play (and for me to do some preliminary shoveling that Kevin later finished).
So here are some pictures from our time at home:
FIRST OF ALL, this sweetness that I captured last week when I woke up:
Hattie is back there behind Kevin, too--she's been sleeping in between my feet. I should take more of these because I've been waking up to some pretty funny sleeping positions on Peter's part.
Lewis brings home arts/crafts projects from school each week, and last week it was a pair of binoculars:
I see you!
A new thing that Kevin started last week, I think, is the Dada Train. Lewis rides on Kevin's back (see below) as they travel around to pick up passengers and head to certain stations (i.e. Bathroom Station when it's time to brush his teeth at bedtime). After they pick up passengers, Lewis yells out, 'All aboarrrrd!' It's pretty adorable. :)
:)
These are from Monday, our play-in-the-snow day:
Rocking his new snow pants from Gramma Pat (in the proper size) :)
As I shoveled, he got out his wagon, his car, his basketball goal, and bubbles from the garage. I think he is ready for springtime! I wasn't sure what he was doing with his car at first:
He would push it right up to the fence and started trying to stand on the seat (but kept slipping). I soon realized he was trying to see over the fence, into the neighbors' yard. Why? He saw that they have a 4-wheeler, and he wanted to see it! And probably wanted to ride it, too, if given the opportunity.
I told him to try looking through the cracks in the fence, but that wasn't good enough for him.
The tears. Oh, the tears.
He asked me to pick him up so that he could see it for real, full-on, in all its glory, so I finally went over and gave him a lift. In the course of all of this, his boots came off, too, so he was walking around in the snow with just socks (very snowy socks) on. I think he made it 5 more minutes before we retreated inside.
Hattie, part polar bear :) Just hanging out, in the snow.
And finally, for Auntie Schwee (and family)...these are what Lewis' new figurines have been up to. He's been pushing his tractor/trailer around like this, with Mr. Grizzly at the wheel. :)
:)
Makes me smile.


I love that he's playing with his animals!
ReplyDeleteYes--he loves them! Thank you all, again.
Deletecan't wait to see you guys next week! The boy knows how to have fun
ReplyDeleteWe're looking forward to seeing you guys, too!
Delete