Here he is at two.
And at one.
We went to the doctor today for his 3-year check-up, and everything looks good! He was very good as they took his blood pressure and heart rate and checked his ears and mouth.
Here are his 3-year statistics and percentiles from BabyCenter:
Height: 41 inches (above 95th percentile)
Weight: 40.9 pounds (above 95th percentile)
Head Size: 21.5 inches (above 95th percentile)
I was a little surprised that he's still considered so big because he seems to have plateaued with his weight, at least. Looking back, he was 37 inches tall at 2 years old and weighed 35.3 pounds, so I guess he HAS grown. It just doesn't seem as obvious to me.
What he's into/what he's doing:
- He still very much loves all things that move--construction trucks, planes, trains, tractors, fire trucks, etc. He loves watching Mighty Machines to learn alllll about his favorite things.
- He loves doing puzzles (24-30 pieces).
- He loves books. He goes through phases where he'll want to read the same few books for 4-5 days, and then he moves on to a few different ones.
- Some of his favorite phrases these days are, 'What's that, Mommy/Dad?' or 'What's it doin'?' He wants to know what everything is in the pictures of his books and wants to know what their purpose/function is.
- He likes to sing. He's been learning 'Silly Songs' (a book) at Grandma and Grandpa T's house, and he'll walk around the house, breaking out into those songs a lot. I think he's been learning some at school in music class, too.
- Just the other day, he broke out into 'Oh, my darling, Clementine'...I started singing it with him, and after a few minutes he busted out singing the days of the week instead of the usual lyrics! We had no idea that he knew them, but he apparently does and he sings them so sweetly. :)
- He loves to help. We got him a stool for the kitchen, and he likes to stand on it and help us cook--he will measure pancake mix, help get the peanut butter out of the cabinet, pre-eat his food, etc.
- He also moves the stool around to be able to reach things that were previously out of reach. He'll move it to the hall closet (our pantry), turn the light on (a pull string), and reach up and grab the big plastic Cheerios container.
- Kind of along the same lines, he is Mr. Independent. He was saying, 'My do it!' a lot...now he has figured out the pronoun and it's, 'I do it!' We've been trying to stay patient as he learns to do more and more for himself.
- He's a very sweet boy--he'll say, 'I love you, Mommy' and 'I love you, Dad,' unprovoked.
- He's also started being snuggly again. Sometimes he'll crawl up on my lap on the couch and just say 'snuggle' and sometimes he'll take my hand and lead me to his room to sit in his recliner to snuggle.
- Sleeping and napping are still going well. He was napping again pretty consistently for a few months, but lately he has started being more sporadic again. He still takes some 'quiet time' in his room every day, regardless of if he sleeps. I'd say we were at 85% success on naps, and now it's more like 40% the past few weeks.
- Eating is mildly improving, I would say. He is eating more vegetables, but he is still not a big fan of meat. He sustains himself most days on bread, fruit, yogurt, and milk. And cheese and PBJ. I see slight improvements, though, on his willingness to try new things.
- He wears size 4T or 5T shirt and 4T pants. Shoe size is 10.
- He has started yoga as an extra-curricular at school this spring semester. While soccer was a big fail last fall, yoga is going so well and we couldn't be more pleased with what he's learning. He'll show you his yoga poses if you ask him to. Downward Dog and Mountain pose are his favorites/most known ones at this point. It's pretty cute. :) The instructor said at his first class he kept saying, 'I'm doing yoga! I'm doing yoga!' as he practiced his moves.
That's all I can think of for now. We are very much looking forward to the warmer weather and playing outside. Today is shaping up to be very nice, so I think we'll have lunch outside. Come on, spring! :)
I forgot to read these blogs! He's changed so much in these pictures. He is a sweet boy!
ReplyDeleteI know, right? We thought he hadn't changed much between 2 and 3 until we saw the pictures. He is a sweet one.
Delete