I'm trying to make something for Lewis each year for his birthday (we'll see how long that lasts...). The 1st year I made a growth chart and last year was his play kitchen. This year I decided to make a portable race car mat that he could take along on road trips. I used this tutorial--there were a few things I wish would have been different (like having to sew the velcro smack dab in the middle of the figure 8 track...), but overall it was a quick, easy project.
I found a couple of Lego-type building sets on clearance as his other gifts (though he's still a bit young for them), so I should have gone ahead with this project (a Lego tray). Maybe I'll go ahead and make one and count it as a 4th birthday gift while I have some post-birthday party momentum going. Hmmm...we'll see. Kevin and I just spent the past few hours putting them together for Lewis, and the pieces are so small!
Anyway, here is the car mat I made:
Folded up, without cars
Garage space for 5 cars
Vroom, vroom!
He received so many wonderful presents from family and friends! As soon as we woke up today, he wanted to read his new books, and then he asked to go downstairs to play with his new toys. More pictures and party details to come later!
No comments:
Post a Comment