Tuesday, February 25, 2014

One Can Hope for Warmer Weather

Last week sure seemed like we were heading in the right direction with the weather, but now, of course, it's cold again. There was one day last week that was just warm enough for a picnic, so Lewis and I took advantage. Once we decided to eat lunch outside, I went in to make some PB&Js while Lewis was playing. He came in the kitchen to get his stool, so I followed him outside to see what he was up to:
 Brainstorming...
Putting his plan into action
He went to get the umbrella from the garage (unprovoked by me), and was trying to step up on his stool with it so he could put it in our patio table. I let him get one foot off the ground for the picture, and then I went outside to help him. :) 

Another day last week, Lewis and I met Tonya and Carlton out at a playground, and I could have sworn that the weatherperson said it would be 70 degrees that day. I didn't think about the high winds (40-50 mph) coming with it, so Lewis was a bit chilly in his shorts and Crocs (but he didn't complain). :) Perhaps I was a bit optimistic, but we had a fun and windy time: 
 
 
 Bubbles!
What a fearless boy he is!
(He watched another mom do this and was copying her. It's tilted and spins ever-so-slightly as you walk on it. He usually sits or lays on his belly, and I push him around in a circle.)
Sliding in the wind
He was starting to get a bit chilled by this point, I think, so we decided to head on out. He had taken his shoes off a bit earlier because they were getting mulch in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment