One evening, Kevin and Lewis were playing Hide and Seek in the basement. Kevin had covered his eyes, and when he uncovered them, Lewis said:
Lewis: THERE ME ARE!
Along the same lines as HERE MY COME! :) He's not very successful at hiding yet, either. Kevin and Lewis will hide in the teepee sometimes (in the basement), and Kevin will text me to come find them. As soon as I round the corner, Lewis will jump out or start laughing.
----------
We are definitely still working on counting. He's had some pretty funny patterns we've noticed. The most common is:
Lewis: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 4, 5, 6
or
Lewis: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6...
Kevin: What comes after 6?
Lewis: 40!
He throws in a 30 or a 40 (as we work on 1-10) every once in a while. :)
And while reading a counting book the other day (counting birds on this particular page):
Lewis: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, those are OWLS! (without skipping a beat)
Note: Now he counts to 12, but still follows it up with 40! :)
----------
In the car, on the way home from dinner:
Lewis: WHERE'S THE MOON, MOMMY? or WHAT'S THAT? and/or WHAT'S THAT, MOMMY? [Repeated over and over. :)]
Me (to Kevin): Is it bad that I sometimes get frustrated and just want some time away, some peace and quiet, etc.? [Insert short discussion about how it's only that way a small percentage of the time...]
Me, again: So is it just part of the job?
Lewis: IT'S JUST PART OF THE JOB, MOMMY!
Kevin and I both cracked up at his timing and perfect delivery on that one. :)
----------
At lunch today:
Lewis: Bow in your hair?
Mama: What? Do I have something in my hair?
(As I felt around my head to see if I had a wilder-than-normal hair and/or rat's nest that might resemble a bow...found nothing.)
Lewis: Get one?
Mama: Get a bow? For my hair?
Lewis: Yeah! Go to store to get one? Like Daisy!
Mama: OH! Buy a bow and wear it in my hair like Daisy?
Lewis: Yeah!
I was cracking up inside because anyone who knows me knows that wearing a bow in my hair is probably the last thing I would do. But maybe sweet Lew will help bring out some feminine fashion sense in me. :)
And right now, he loves his girls, Daisy and Minnie.
----------
A little bit of backstory, first. I was cleaning out and organizing our storage room one day last week, and Lewis and I had a particularly stressful interaction. As I put things into a box, he was taking them out. After x number of times telling him to stop, I snapped and yelled, 'Stop it, Lewis!' and felt horrible about it the rest of the day. End of backstory.
Later at lunch today...he was eating, so I ran down to get his bedding out of the dryer. Then I pressed my luck by running to his room to make his bed so it would be ready for nap after lunch. When I came back to the dining room, he was spraying water ALL OVER the dining room floor and table. He had grabbed a squirt bottle of water that was in my pile of things to go to the basement and had almost emptied the whole thing. He said:
Lewis: It's raining!
Mama: Oh, Lewis... (as I grabbed a towel and took a deep breath...and didn't yell!)
Lewis: Mama's mad.
Mama: Well, buddy, you made a mess (as I'm wiping the floor).
Lewis (in the scariest/funniest monster voice ever): STOP IT, LEWIS!
I laughed so hard for a minute.
Mama: Is that what Mama says?
Lewis: Yeah.
Mama: STOP IT, LEWIS! (In a funny tone)
Lewis: (laughs)
It was funny today for both of us, but it also hurt my heart a little that he remembered what I'd yelled at him. I'm working on it...
Love these!! Seems he's at that age where you have to watch everything you say and do. He will mostly remember the good things you do. Really!!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Mom. :) This afternoon, he grabbed my hand, took me to his room, told me to sit in the recliner, and climbed up in my lap and said 'snuggle.' :) My sweet boy.
Delete