Kevin finally forced me to take a belly picture today, which I guess I should thank him for.
28 1/2 ish weeks with Baby #2
30 Weeks with Lewis
This pregnancy is chugging right along, and, until just a few days ago, I have done absolutely nothing to get the house ready! I knew we had plans to have Emily, Juniper, and Otis down, so I wanted to leave the guest room (Lew's future room) intact until their visit was over. We did decide one night last week to go ahead and move the office space out of the guest room, which didn't go quite as planned. I'd had the cable company out to add a cable outlet, which went fine, but Kevin and I broke the computer desk as we tried to move it downstairs ourselves. We set everything up temporarily on my old sewing table, so we just need to move it over to the new desk. [which we got yesterday and Kevin assembled today]
If moving the office was Step 1 (fail), Step 2 would have been to move the queen guest bed downstairs to the basement in a newly created Bedroom #4 (by moving some big bookshelves to partition off a space in our large basement). Upon realizing that the computer desk wouldn't fit down the stairs, we realized/decided that that queen box spring wouldn't either, so we're no longer doing Step 2. Plus, we don't have that many guests, so we can just use an air mattress when need be. I guess Step 2 can still be redeemed by just moving the bed out of the house and calling to have it picked up for donation (it's a really old bed).
Our next steps will be to assemble the new dresser we got for Lew's new room and to decide whether or not we want to paint an accent wall in his room. I got THE CUTEST bedding yesterday at IKEA, so I feel I have much better direction for the rest of the room. Lew has camp this week, so I hope to get a lot accomplished while he is there. After we get him moved into his new room, we'll have him help us set up the nursery with what was in there before.
**********
Back to the pregnancy itself, having only 12 weeks left sure seems hard to believe. I remember feeling like the nausea would never end, yet now that seems so long ago. Everything is going well--last month, the doctor did say I'm measuring big, but she said that I just have big babies. I go back this week for the regular monthly appointment and glucose test, and then I think I start going every two weeks.
It IS kicking my butt a little more this time around! Over the past few weeks, I've had some back pain on one side of my body and hip pain on the other side. That makes for some funny hobbling around at times, but for the most part, I'm still getting around ok. I did 5 weeks of prenatal yoga through the hospital where I'll deliver, but that ended towards the end of June (before I was really having any aches and pains). I tried doing a prenatal yoga DVD I'd picked up at Goodwill, but the instructor was whack and went at a much faster pace than I'd prefer. Instead, I'm just trying to do stretches and am still figuring out the proper pillow placement for sleeping. Hopefully those things will help.
Our September and October are looking semi-busy, so the goal is to get Lewis' room and the nursery both together this month. Mostly so that they're finished, but also so that Lewis has plenty of time in his new space before the baby's arrival (so he doesn't feel kicked out). He seems pretty excited about moving into the bigger room, so hopefully the transition goes smoothly.

You look great Mama! Thanks for a pregnancy post.
ReplyDeleteThanks, Maggie!
Delete