Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Lewis the Truest, Volume XII

Lew has a stool in the kitchen that he uses to get in the cabinets (for snacks) or to stand and watch/help me cook. The other day, he'd turned it around to sit on it to watch me make dinner. When he tried to step off of it, he semi-fell down (since it was turned around, with no step to step on to). In what have to be his teacher's (Kathleen) words, he said:

Lew: That was not ideal!


I totally lost it. He has also been saying 'That was close' and 'That was a close one,' which I think he picked up from her, too. Cracks me up.


----------


I can't remember if I've shared this or not, but, for a while now, Lewis has been saying how he wants to ride on certain vehicles with me one day. Not now, but 'one day.'


Lewis: I want to ride a _________ with YOU one day, Mama.

Fill in the blank with tractor, school bus, airplane, fire truck, etc.

Lew: I want to ride a snowplow one day with you, Mama. I'll ride a blue one, and you ride a pink one. That's your favorite color!

Me: Oh, it is? Pink is my favorite color?
Lew: Yes. Pink is your favorite color.
Me: Ok.

----------


While Lewis was spending the day/night with Gma and Gpa T. a few weeks ago, they visited a playground. When it was time to go, Lewis said:

Lewis: I want to play for THREE more minutes!

I guess I've given him a time limit enough times that he thinks '3 more minutes' is just about the right amount of time to play. ;) He was just saying 'a few more minutes,' so that was the first time he has put a specific number on it.

Also, if I'm giving him a snack, he'll either say he wants THREE pieces (for a normal amount) or FIVE pieces (if he wants a lot of something)--still working on just how much (or little) that really is. It's adorable.

----------

He has a little handheld fan/light-up Lightning McQueen toy that had stopped working and just needed new batteries. Once it was up and running again, he was so amused by it. He walked it around, showing it to me and Kevin so we could feel the air blow on our faces and see the lights, and he said/did a couple of really cute things in doing so:

Lewis: Oh, LIIIIIGHTS! (as he was holding it right up to his face, staring at the lights)

Lewis: Look at this, Mama. (showing me the fan/light show, up close)
Lewis: Look at this, Dada. (same show for Kevin)
Lewis: Look  at this, Freezer. (as we walked over to show it to the freezer/refrigerator)

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment