At Kroger the other day, we walked past an end cap with some crackers that I spotted but didn't slow down for. (Lewis has a bit of a cracker problem.) I wasn't sure if he saw them, but then he said:
Lew: Well, it's my lucky day! They have cheesy crackers!
I said something like, 'Oh, yeah?' and just kept walking. :) I laughed so hard at him saying it was his lucky day because that's totally something I would say.
----------
He still sits and straps himself into his booster seat at home for most meals. We brought up a booster from the basement recently without straps, which he's tried a few times, but he seems to default to being buckled in. The first time he tried out the new seat, this is what he said:
Mama: So, how is it?
Lewis: It's comfy on my butt.
:) It is very soft and cushy compared to his usual one (the hard plastic that came with his high chair).
----------
At my parents' house (while the Bergstroms were in town), I took Lewis to potty before bedtime. In between the potty and putting on his PJs, he wanted to go say goodnight to Juni. He also happened to be naked, which I didn't think much about since it would just be a brief goodnight. BUT, Juni was outside looking for lightning bugs, so a quick hug turned into 15 minutes of running around naked and looking for lightning bugs. Lew didn't seem to mind/realize that he wasn't wearing any clothes and just carried on like usual, so I didn't tell him otherwise (it was the backyard, after all). :) As Mom, Dad, Emily, and I were standing and talking/laughing, Lewis walked over to a tree in the backyard, and I knew what was coming:
Lewis: *ssssss* Look, Mama, I peed on the tree!
Me: Oh, you did, did you?
Lewis: Come see it, Mama!
----------
He's been really into singing lately. Over the past few weeks, we've heard him in his room, singing Mumford & Sons (I Will Wait) and Tom Petty (Free Fallin'). He and Juniper broke out into Katy Perry (Roar) at breakfast the other day. Lately in the car, he's been chiming in to what is playing on the radio. Here are a few things he's said:
Lew: LOUDER!
(duh, when he wants me to turn up the volume)
Lew: That's my song!
(to a song he really likes)
Lew: Where's that song I like?
(when nothing is on, and I'm scanning to find something he knows)
He was singing along in the car yesterday to Pharell (Happy), and asked us to turn it up for a few other songs. It's pretty fun to hear him sing and to hear what he likes.
No comments:
Post a Comment