This week has been one of those hot/humid weeks that makes me want to stay inside, but we did get out and about some over the past few weeks. Lewis went to space camp this week (last session of the summer), so I've been trying to get some projects done around the house with him gone. Next week is free, and then he starts back to school 3 days a week the week of Labor Day!
One rainy day a few weeks ago, he asked to go the bouncy house. I decided to go to open gym at All About Kids where he could play on the inflatables and have some time on the gymnastics equipment, too. It was really busy that day, so we didn't stay as long as usual--he sufficiently ran around the entire time we were there, though, and I remember he took a very good nap when we got home. :)
We've signed him up for gymnastics this fall through his school, which I'm hoping he will enjoy. We had hoped to do yoga again, but the teacher got a full-time job elsewhere. He certainly likes tumbling and jumping and balancing, so I think gymnastics will be right up his alley. Maybe we'll continue yoga at home since he really likes doing it.
We met Carlton and Tonya at the sprayground/playground last week for play and a picnic. The boys ventured down to the creek to see the fishies:
:)
And, finally, one day last week, Lewis and I headed to the zoo. Rather than do the whole loop and all of the hills, we managed to just stay at the top of the loop and still saw and did a-plenty. Of course, our first stop was to ride the train:
Toot-Toot!
This is the first time he's attempted this particular part of the playground, and he handled himself really well. Careful movements and no falls.
Checking out the giant ants on their ant hill
Climbing around the Gorilla Forest
I want that funnel!
I can almost reach it!
So happy in the VW van :)
He'd probably be happy playing in that van the entire time without seeing any animals.
He was a big fan of the baby goat. :)
Hello, up there!
Last stop, the carousel!
It was a very uncrowded day at the zoo, which was very nice. JCPS started back last week, so I'm guessing most places we frequent will slow down now.
No comments:
Post a Comment