My doctor's appointment went well this week--I am measuring on target now vs. 'big' last month, so that's good to know. The biggest news this time was that I PASSED my 1-hour glucose screening!! I failed it last time (with Lewis), so I was nervous that I'd fail again and have to sit through the terrible 3-hour test again. I had to be below 135, and I got like 83 or 85 (yay!). I was so relieved to hear that--my doctor and her assistant were cheering with me, after I'd told them both how nervous I was that I wasn't going to pass. I go back in TWO WEEKS!
Kevin and I had an oh $%&@, we-have-entered-the-every-two-week-appointment-mark moment. We'd better get more serious about preparations!
**********
While I don't think I had that many specific cravings when I was pregnant with Lewis, I remember having very strong, very specific food aversions last time (i.e. Chinese food, hamburgers, cheese, etc.). They started in the first trimester and lasted the entire pregnancy and beyond.
This time around, it's sort of been the opposite. There have been aversions (pure maple syrup, most fast food, etc.), but I've had (mostly brief) time periods of cravings, too, which I wanted to try to remember and list:
The Bread phase (aka all of the 1st trimester)
The Dip Cone phase
The Simply Raspberry Lemonade phase
The Jimmy John's phase
The Root Beer phase
The Mashed-Potatoes-and-Brown-Gravy phase
The Tootsie Pop phase
The Water phase
The Raw Fruit and Vegetable phase
The Cole Slaw phase
The Burger phase
The Vanilla Diet Coke phase (ongoing)
The Butterfinger Blizzard phase (ongoing)
And I *still* have 11 weeks to go!
We had the exact same Oh SHIZ moment that we should probably start doing some prep to have 2 children in the house.
ReplyDeleteAnd last night for a pre-dinner snack Ad had bread and butter pickles with a peeps chaser. It was a sight to behold.
YES! Go, Adie! I wish I could have seen that. I did buy some pickles a few months ago (b/c they sounded good at the store), but I have not yet broken into them.
DeleteIf I/we do a little each day, it will all surely get done, right?! Or not, and the new baby can sleep in a box. :)