Friday, August 22, 2014

Lewis the Truest, Vol. XIII

Lewis went out to Huber's with Grandma and Grandpa T. last week, and they took a tractor ride around the farm. As the driver of the tractor was moving from the paved road to the field, she said something like, 'Hold on! It'll be bumpy!' Later, Lewis was driving a wooden tractor play structure (non-moving) with Grandma as his passenger, and he said:

Lewis: Hold on! It'll be bumpy!

----------


Lewis is going to break an arm soon, I have a feeling. The past week or two, he's been very big on:

Lew: Watch this, Mama! OR Look at me, Mama!

Followed by a jump off the couch, a WWE-esque fall to the ground, or an accidental faceplant off of a chair (these things have all happened). Bad choices. 

Gymnastics should hopefully help fine-tune his tumbling/furniture-diving skills to minimize injury. :)

----------

On the way to camp/school the other day, Lewis noticed a man using a weed whacker along the side of the road:

Lewis: That guy was working?
Me: Yes.
Lewis: He was using a weed whacker.
Me: Yes, he was.
Lewis: I want to use a weed whacker ONE DAY when I grow up.
Me: Oh, I bet you will use one at your house, just like Dada does.
Lewis: At my house?
Me: Yes, one day you will grow up and get a job and a car and your very own house. And you'll have to do things to take care of it, like mow the yard and take your dogs for a walk.
Lewis: I'M GOING TO GET TWO BABY DOGGIES!
Me: You are, are you?
Lewis: Ohhh, they're going to be so cute. (as he fake snuggles his future/imaginary puppies) I'm going to get TWO of them, and I'm going to get TWO CAR SEATS, and I'm going to take them TO THE ZOO!

He's got plans, yes, he does. :) My sweet boy.

----------

On the way home from school the other day, Lewis noticed a neighborhood across the street from his school and started talking about it:

Lew: What's down that road, Mama?
Me: Oh, it's a neighborhood. Where people live.
Lew: Some of my teachers live over there. And my boys. And ME!
Me: Oh, really?
Lew: Yea, there are BIGGER houses over there. We need a BIGGER house. Our house is too small. Our KITCHEN is too small. We need a BIGGER KITCHEN! 

:)

Gee, I wonder where he got that idea? ;) I may or may not have grumbled mentioned a few times in past few weeks how small our kitchen is and how I feel our house is closing in on us. It's especially awesome on school days, when I'm making Lew's breakfast and packing his lunch while Kevin is making his own breakfast and lunch. Sometimes Peter and Hattie come in to hang out, too...Hattie, especially, likes to hang out right under our feet so we have a maximum chance of grazing her and making her yelp out like it's the end of the world. It's good times, let me tell you!

Also, between moving/relocating things from the office/guest room, getting things ready for Lewis to move to his new room, and pulling things out of the very full storage room for the baby, things have been a bit crazy all over the house. Piles o' stuff everywhere. Kevin informed me that almost 8 mos. pregnant is NOT a good time to think about moving (he's always so rational), so I will keep plugging along at bringing order back to the house. 

And daydreaming about that house with a bigger kitchen...

No comments:

Post a Comment