Now that the weather is cooling off a bit (and because I miss being outdoors), I've been trying to get us outside more often. We've reconnected with a mom from Mom Group and did a trip to the zoo last week and a trip to Henry's Ark today. Today was a bit hotter, but I'm definitely loving the cooler mornings that remind me that fall is near.
A few pictures from the zoo:
A mama and baby giraffe
A hungry tiger
We hit a couple of the exhibits at feeding time, which was neat.
Carlton and Lewis
And Henry's Ark:
Winston, the camel
Hanging with the deer
Here at the house, our butterfly bushes have taken off--they smell so sweet, and we have had so many butterflies flying around them.
I'm definitely going to try to plant some other wildlife-attracting flowers in the future because I totally get my nature geek on when I see the butterflies flying around.
In the great yard sale clean-out, we pulled the treadmill from the basement (haven't sold it just yet, but hope to). We've moved a few things around and now have a spot for the school table my parents found at Goodwill and the school chairs I found at a shop in Gnaw Bone, Indiana.
Lewis loves it!
He likes to climb on top of it (of course), but he also really likes to sit in the chairs like a big boy. Hopefully we'll do lots of arts/crafts projects at this table and homework down the road.
looks like fun times~~!
ReplyDelete