As I mentioned in the painting post, we took Lewis to his first Touch a Truck event last weekend. I think it's safe to say he was enthralled by all of them. He got to get in the driver's seat of most of them, and he quickly understood what to do! He would steer the steering wheel and mess with the gear shift and push buttons (I'm sure all of the drivers had to readjust the controls after the kids were done messing them all up.) :) We took a lot of pictures, so I'll just let them tell the story.
Excavator (or maybe it's a digger?)
We've read his truck book 100+ times, but I forget some of the names at this moment.
Tractor
He got distracted by the swings for a few minutes, but always kept one eye on where the trucks (and sirens/horns) were.
Street Cleaner
I think this was the sewage department's truck? They had a little remote-controlled camera on a car that we could drive, so I tried to show Lewis how to control it. He didn't get it and was kind of afraid of it, actually. They use it to look into pipes.
Duke Energy truck
School Bus
An old fire truck
Riding with Dad
Army Jeep
(I'll put a few extra of these in for Dad to see, Mom.)
Hot and Sweaty Lew
Shifting gears
Driving the jeep
In the back of a UPS Delivery Truck
And up front
UPS Semi (or Big Rig, as his truck book calls it)
Fire Truck
Messing with the fire truck valves
We had fun! Since the weekend, I think, he has discovered that airplanes fly in the sky, so we pause when we hear or see one and watch it go by. Now that school is back in session, he loves watching the school buses come and go across the street.
No comments:
Post a Comment