A few pictures from our week. First, he was back in the pool one day, fully clothed:
:)
We went back out to Henry's Ark one day this week--it was way more crowded than in times past and way hot, so we just did a quick once-through the animals and handed out our bag of carrots. This sweet lady/fella was new to us:
Miss Piggy
I walked in our room the other day to find the dogs laying like this, tail to tail. Made me smile.
It is not quite as funny when Peter stretches out like that while Kevin and I are trying to sleep.
And then up went Wild Man Lew (and his new favorite toy, a hanger) to disrupt their peace.
Later, playing in the basement:
I still fit!
(under the coffee table)
Probably not for much longer
He bumped his head quite a bit while maneuvering around.
Going shopping!
I found this cart at Goodwill a few weeks ago and couldn't resist. It's the perfect height, and he really seems to like loading it up and pushing things around in it.
Carrying important things, like his new monster truck from Grandma DeeDee
And going for a ride himself! :) Haha.
Kevin called me down to the basement last night to see this--Lew apparently had wanted to get in the basket and Kevin obliged. It was a bit of a tight fit for the big boy. :)
Yesterday we headed out to the playground--we haven't been in a while, I think because it was pretty crowded the last time we went. Yesterday we had the whole place to ourselves for the most part.
See ya, Mama. People to see, things to do, places to go.
Vroom Vroom!
A little bit stuck
It was funny--the little kid play area seemed to be a little bit smaller yesterday for Lewis. It's still the 'right' size for him, but there were definitely moments of remembering how small he used to be when we first started going there (and how big it all seemed then).
Total amazement
He kept wandering over to watch this boy digging in the sand. He'd go and stand and watch for a few minutes, then move on. Another time, he took off running excitedly from the playground up to the swings, and he tripped over that short wall and went face-first into the sand. I saw it coming in total slow motion but couldn't make it stop--he cried for a minute and had quite a lot of sand on his face and clothes, but he brushed it off and went back to watching the big kids.
And, finally, I found him a toddler-sized UL hat yesterday:
Go Cards! We're #1!
And, go Hoosiers. I still need to find an Indiana hat.
(Especially since they are the preseason #1 in basketball, above UL and UK. Represent.)
We'll pretend he's cheering for football.
It appears as though the worst of the 3+ week teething episode is behind us. We are no longer doing Advil and Orajel for naps and nighttime, and he's been sleeping fine and without mouth pain the past few days. The 4th and final of the 4 teeth still hasn't come through the gum, but his gums are very red and it seems like it will be any day now. So now we just have the 2 year molars remaining in the near future. Can I get a hallelujah?
alleluia!!! He does seem to be growing so fast. did he play with hangers before he was here or just this week. He noticed the hangers at church so i gave him one to distract him on sunday so I thought maybe that made him want hangers. my God he is so handsome! I love him very much!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Mom. He picked up the love of hangers a few weeks ago--he likes taking them from our closet and carrying them around (and swinging them accidentally towards the dogs). Poor dogs. :)
Delete