Thursday, August 30, 2012

Have I Learned Nothing in the Past 18 Months?

So strike what I said about sleeping so gloriously in his big boy bed.


  • 1st nap - Slept about 30 minutes on the floor
  • 1st night - Pretty normal, except for a few minutes of fussing and trying to open his door. Listened to Kevin when he told him to get in his bed. Slept until 7:30ish am.
  • 2nd nap - Fail
  • 2nd night - Fell asleep behind door, Kevin went in and picked him up/moved him to bed. Did well until approximately 6:33am (instead of his usual wake-up of 7:30-8am).
  • 3rd nap - So far, major failure. He's standing behind his door, trying to open it.
My latest thoughts are that he has to crash eventually. He has to, right?

2 comments:

  1. People always tell me that..he will go to sleep eventually, but I never believe it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think they will, either. I feel like I need to provide the framework for what he needs at this point. I've certainly seen what a difference it makes when we're in a good sleeping groove vs. a bad one (attitude-wise). Makes our days (and my evenings 'off') much more pleasant. How is Levi sleeping these days?

      Delete