Lew's new favorite thing this week is to climb up on our bed or the guest bed--he runs over to the edge and says Eh-Eh-Eh for us to pick him up. We've started going '1-2-3' and make him fly up onto it, which he seems to love. Usually Hattie is on our bed, so she doesn't necessarily love having him on her level, but she tolerates it most of the time.
Best buds
We finally made it out to a nature preserve I've been wanting to check out this week, even though it was 95 and nasty by noon. They had a nice nature center with a bird blind and lots of native animal taxidermy. They had cute nature crafts to do, too, but Lewis was more interested in chasing the volunteer naturalist's boy around.
We took a short hike--Lewis did really well! I didn't bring the stroller, so I ended up carrying him a few times (did I mention how hot and sweaty it was?). I definitely would like to go back (with a stroller) with Kevin and maybe the dogs. There were nice, secluded, shaded trails with actual wildlife. They have a frog pond which was full of life with dragonflies, two wood ducks, a turtle, and a few bullfrogs (I heard, but did not see them).
Trekking ahead
My sweet little hiking buddy
Later that day, it was back on the bed for Lew and Hattie:
Lewis was blowing raspberries at Hattie Boo
Peter Dink yawned
There's my handsome boy.
We played more outside in the heat:
Spray me, Mama!
Yesssss!
Again, please?
Oh, and lest we forget the Olympics are going on!
USA!!
So fly.
what's with the PINK headband!!! And that physique! Oh, my ! Maybe he'll be a gymnast! Glad he's liking hiking. can't wait to see him. love you Lewis!!!
ReplyDeleteIt was just the first one I saw (he was Eh-Eh-Ehing for something on our dresser), so I grabbed it. He ripped it off at first, but then I showed him how awesome he looked in the mirror, and he kept it on for like a half an hour! I was cracking up, thinking about dressing him up for Halloween as like an 80s workout fanatic (short shorts, knee high socks, headband, etc.).
DeleteSee you tomorrow!
richard simmons!!!!
ReplyDeleteHaha, yes! I'd almost forgotten about him--is he still around, doing his thing, I wonder? Yes, he would be the inspiration I had in mind. :)
Delete