The kitchen before:
These were the four colors I'd narrowed it down to. I asked four different people and got four different votes, so I ended up going with the color closest to the color I'd seen and liked on Pinterest--the one furthest to the right. (There were four other previous colors which were all ruled to be too dark in the first round of Color Swatch Madness.)
River Mist by Martha Stewart (far right)
The ceiling went white, too!
I ran out of ceiling paint with that much left, but look what a (brighter) difference it makes! That faint mustard color was glooooomy. We ran out to Home Depot before dinner last night and picked up more paint, so it is now finished.
I started painting Friday evening, 8pm until sometime after 11pm. I painted yesterday during naptime, so like 1pm until 4pm. Then this morning from about 9am until around 1pm. Then Kevin helped me load everything back into place (and dust/clean as we did so)--our kitchen has never been as clean as it is right now! And probably never will be again. :) I thought it would take like a week to get it painted, so I'm really glad we had a 'free'-ish weekend to knock it out.
Here is the after:
I still have some accessorizing I want to do with bright pops of orange, yellow, red, and green. Yesterday I found three vintage Pyrex bowls in bright orange and yellow at a thrift store, so I hope to incorporate those, probably on the little open shelves next to the sink. (And Mom and Dad, we'll have to run to the Salvation Army Thrift Store next time you're in town--even better than Goodwill, if you can believe it!)
[Another side note: Mom, I found a bookshelf there that will be a perfect spot for the TV upstairs to keep Lewis from climbing up on our current TV stand. Just need to paint it, and we'll be good to go!]
No comments:
Post a Comment