I found these cute little sunglasses for Lew at Target the other day. I didn't think he would wear them for long and/or figured he would totally break them, so I bought two pairs (they were in the $1 section). He kept them on for quite awhile and carefully folded them up when he was done. Totally surprised me! Of course trying to get him to stand still for a picture was a total fail--he doesn't stand still. :)
We had our first-ever yard sale yesterday, which was mediocre. We made a whopping $86.75. Not quite enough to buy a fabulous new couch, but better than nothing, I suppose. I spent most of a day going through all of our closets and storage bins, pulling out items to part with. Then we spent a few evenings pricing and organizing things and about 30 minutes setting up and 45 minutes shutting down. I'm not sure that it was worth it--it totally wasn't--but at least it was a beautiful day.
I did have time to weed the front flower beds, so there's that. :) And, most importantly, we took two carloads of leftovers to Goodwill and only brought a few items back into the house. I'm feeling good about clutter in the house and am feeling semi-organized at the moment.
Reading just a few books with Dada this afternoon:
Just one more!
Lately, he's started going over and grabbing ALL of his favorite books for us to read. He usually doesn't let us read cover-to-cover--we just have to skim the highlights as he flips through them. Unless it's a truck book--then he'll point and 'dah!' at his favorite trucks over and over.
We had a little bit of time to kill before bedtime tonight after our walk, and Lewis was all about his new favorite toy in the backyard--tomatoes. He'll go pick one off of our ridiculously large cherry tomato plant, and he'll throw it (and laugh) and chase it down and throw it again.
I've got my eye on you, little tomato! You're mine!
Where is it?
He had trouble spotting it from that far away.
Got it!
Got it again!
I see you, Mama!
This is the ridiculous tomato plant. (Sharon, I meant to give you some this weekend!) It's been spilling over the side nearest where it's planted, and since I've taken other plants out, it has started spreading the length of the raised bed, too. It's crazy.
No comments:
Post a Comment