And finally, the last post from today regarding the past week, I promise!
Emily, Joe, and Juniper came down and stayed with us from Tuesday until today! We had a nice, relaxing time with Lewis and Juniper getting along pretty splendidly, I believe. I'm so glad that they were able to come down and that we could all, especially Lew and Juni, spend some quality time together. It was fun to see them interact and also to watch Juni play with some of the toys that we've gotten Lewis that he is still a bit too young for. She is such a smart and sweet girl and so patient with Lewis (as he took things from her and pulled her hair a lot). :)
She loooved the wind from the ball popper blowing on her face.
AND of course the ball hit her face just a split second after this picture was snapped, but she didn't seem to mind. :)
Lewis checking out his new digs.
A perfect fit for our adventureland of a basement.
Yesterday it was a bit chilly, but we decided to go ahead and bundle the babes up and take them down to the playground at Waterfront Park before heading to lunch. I'm so glad we went--I had taken Waycross campers there once way back in the day and remembered the playground was a good one, but I'd forgotten that they have separate little kid, medium kid, and big kid play areas. There was a whole Lewis and Juni-sized structure with not-too-high-off-the-ground steps and slides and tunnels. It was great! We will definitely go back.
Juni seemed a little unsure of the Kentucky swings at first.
Lewis smiling at his cousin
Whee!!!
Some of the pint-sized playground area
A neat (and very cold metal) tunnel
Brrrrr.
Lew and Papa, down by the river
In this next picture, I'm not sure if you'll be able to 'get' what is going on, but Juni's elbow is resting on a larger cutout area similar to the one next to her to the right of the photo. She and Lewis (over just the past few days) both tried to climb through the cutout and into the dining room. It falls RIGHT at their waist height and Lewis is thisclose to hiking his leg up far enough to boost himself through (headfirst, onto hardwood, bad news). I'm pretty sure Juni could have done it if she wanted to, but she listened when we told her 'No' and Lewis doesn't quite get that yet. Sooo, I think we'll be doing some rearranging of the furniture to block him from accessing that area.
And then this morning before they hit the road, we gave Lewis and Juniper their first bath together. They both had fun splashing and playing with the squirt toys.
Lewis looooves his cousin. :)
So that was Lewis' First Christmas/Christmas 2011 for us! Kevin is still off until the 3rd, so I look forward to enjoying some family downtime after our busy (but great) week we've had. I'm not sure what Kevin has planned (we'll definitely be watching some basketball on NYE with IU vs. Ohio State and UL vs. UK playing). Tomorrow his parents are coming over to watch Lew for us while we go to late morning showing of The Descendants and then out to lunch, so I look forward to having a little day date with Kevin!
Hope everyone had a great Christmas.
Oh, this brings tears to my eyes! We had such a great time with you guys. Thanks for hosting us and we can't wait for next time. Much love, Em, Joe and Juni
ReplyDeletei loved all your posts, thanks for sharing it all!
ReplyDelete