Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A Playdate and A Rocking Horse

We just spent the weekend at my parents' house--while we were there, we had set up a playdate with Dietgard and Mathilda, a trip to the Christmas tree lot to see Papaw, Lewis' first time meeting Santa Claus, and the Carter side's Thanksgiving and Christmas Dinner.


I tried to pack some on Friday during naptime and caught Peter also napping. Here is how he sleeps these days, with one ear and one eye always open and on the lookout for either Lewis or Hattie. :) My sweet, sweet buddy.




We got into New Castle around noon on Saturday and Dietgard and Mathilda were there, ready to play! I was happy that Lewis and Mathilda were a pretty even match as far as size, weight, and assertiveness (not sure if that's the right word) goes. They played well together. Neither was too rough for the other--it worked out very well! And Mathilda was able to show Lew a few things that she is working on (she is 3 weeks older than Lewis).
Mathilda and Lewis making music on the xylophone

Here is a video I took of Lewis playing with it solo on Sunday--he eventually seemed to kind of 'get' what he was supposed to do. Emily gave us one that I've had put up in his toy box, but I guess it is time to break it out so our little music man can do his thing. :)


Mathilda is walking (!!!) and starting to show interest in climbing things. I think here she is thinking about showing Lewis how to scale the bookcases.


And after a diaper change, she escaped without her pants. :) Sneaky, sneaky.
"You put your hand up high, then hike up your leg, push up, and away you go..."

Mom and Dad have a rocking horse that makes horse noises and moves its head. Lew seems to like it, but he still needs some help staying on it (as evidenced by this next series of pictures)! At least he didn't have far to fall. :)
Ride 'em, cowboy!
Whee!!!
Hahaha to Lewis being mid-air and (moreso) to Kevin's expression.

After Lewis went to bed, we watched Crazy Stupid Love and were graced with Maggie's presence--she is such a sweet snugglebuddy. 


She eventually moved from my side to Kevin's feet:
Queen
of the
House.
What a lover. :)

So that was Saturday, minus a few outings that get their own post!

2 comments:

  1. Message from Juniper:
    Dear Lewis,
    Don't worry, cuz. Here in a couple weeks I will teach you to ride that horse like a real Idaho cowgirl. I was almost on a horse once and I rode Elmer for a sec, so as you see, I am very experienced.
    Love, Juni

    ReplyDelete