Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas Card Photo Preview

We'd meant to have someone take a family picture for us for our Christmas card last weekend at my parents' house when all 5 of us (humans + dogs) were together, but we forgot/ran out of time/weather was crappy/etc. Yesterday we attempted it ourselves by using the timer feature on our camera. The 'session' improved greatly when we discovered the 3-pictures-in-a-row option instead of just the 1--a lot less up and down and dog-wrangling after that. In the end, we did end up with a couple of usable photos and cards have been ordered, but here are a few not-as-successful pictures from the experience. It was hilariously difficult to get 3 people and 2 dogs mostly looking at the camera and/or smiling all at the same time.
 Hattie didn't quite make it in time
(she was, not surprisingly, so 'over it' by the time we were finished).
 Peter Dink, trying to escape :)
 Lewis, a moving target.
 Ornery Little Rascal
(And, yes, I am aware of the mullet.)
That's better! :)

I ordered them from the same company who did our birth announcements, and I gambled and selected the slowest shipping speed because it was almost 1/3 of the cost of standard shipping. Currently, it says they will be delivered December 31, which I hope is a gross exaggeration (I did the same for our birth announcements and they were here in 5-7 days). So hopefully it pays off again--otherwise, people will be getting our cards in the new year. :)

2 comments: