I had to make an executive decision today on the Christmas cards. It had been one week since I placed our order, and the tracking information still said "Printing in Progress" as of today, December 18th. Sooo, I decided this evening to cancel that order and place an order at Walgreen's instead, and I just got an email that my Walgreen's batch is already ready to be picked up! I should have gone with them in the first place.
I was originally deciding between Walgreen's (where I had a 33% off coupon), Shutterfly, and Vistaprint (where our birth announcements were done). I had a lot of trouble with photo resolution on Walgreen's site (getting our photos to fit one of their pre-made collages without stretching it too much and making it look fuzzy). I eventually went with Vistaprint because I wanted cards on (beautiful, recycled, matte) cardstock instead of picture paper (and I found the cutest card on their site). HOWEVER, now that it is one week until the big day, I must compromise.
And it is a bit of a bummer because they will only give me a merchandise credit at Vistaprint and not a refund, BUT I was pleased with our birth announcement cards, so I will plan to order from them again when we have another baby (assuming my credit doesn't expire anytime sooner than the next few years).
Soooo, if you are on my Christmas card list, hold tight! You MIGHT just get your card before Christmas Day. :)
Hi Lady. I hear you. For the past 3 years I've been forced to go with Walgreen's or CVS because by the time we get our tree up and take Colin's picture in front of it, that's really the only choice we have left! I'm not terribly happy with their quality though so next year I'm going to just use a picture taken earlier in the year. I can't wait to get your card, I'm sure it will be adorable!
ReplyDeleteMaggie
I LOVED Colin's little tie! He is SO handsome. :) I need to write in my calendar for next year, more like November 1st instead of December 1st (which turned into more like Dec. 15th-ish). :)
ReplyDeleteI did get our cards addressed and out in today's mail, so yours should arrive tomorrow or Wednesday, I suppose!