Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas Break, Part 5 - Stockings and Visiting with Friends

The day AFTER Christmas, we spent the morning trying to put things away, start laundry, clean up the house a bit. Then Kevin had to leave to go meet his family for lunch, so Lewis took a nap while I got ready to head out with Lew to pick up Kevin en route to meeting up with friends and their kiddos in Corydon. Does that make sense? 

But first, we went ahead and opened our Christmas stockings because we had gotten back to the house right at bedtime the night before and didn't have time. Kevin picked out a Cookie Monster stuffed animal for Lew, and I got him a compact travel bib, some 'fancy' baby food (the organic stuff in the pouch...they had cranberry, which is a food he needs to still try), and some Gerber cookies. And some Reese's Pieces JUST in case Kevin forgot to get some for me...of course, he bought some for me, I bought some for him, and I bought some for Lewis. Sooo, we ended up with 3 candy canes of them. 
It's a Cookie Monster!!
 Cool bib, dude. :)

These next few are from Reed and Maria's house in Corydon where we met up with them and the Littles (Joe, Polly, and Joey) and had a great time! Lewis continued to walk further bit by bit, chasing after the 'big kids' (Joey is ~14 months and Clara is ~18 months).
 Enjoying his gifts (puffs and a cool frog toy) from the McKinleys
Hanging with Joey

So that was the day after Christmas! Once Lewis went to bed, I went into housecleaning overdrive mode because Emily, Joe, and Juniper were coming down the next day through today! We had a great visit, and I took a ton of pictures which I will post later today. For now, it is beautiful outside, so we are heading to the park! 

No comments:

Post a Comment